Class A - Region 2

VFL44

Basketball is getting close! This region is gonna be exciting to see how it turns out. What is everybody's thoughts about how this region will turn out?

Not exactly brilliant on my part, but GCA is the top team. I think they have the best player in the region in Arnold. I think Coalfield has given them back to back tight games in region the last couple years, as well as Meigs. But GCA just has a little more to work with most of the time than the small publics in region 2. WB and Harriman have a couple really good players, but just not the supporting cast. I'm sure with Meigs student numbers, they'll have the bodies, plus the Moore kid...to have a shot at GCA. Having said that, GCA is a heavy, heavy favorite. 

Not exactly brilliant on my part, but GCA is the top team. I think they have the best player in the region in Arnold. I think Coalfield has given them back to back tight games in region the last couple years, as well as Meigs. But GCA just has a little more to work with most of the time than the small publics in region 2. WB and Harriman have a couple really good players, but just not the supporting cast. I'm sure with Meigs student numbers, they'll have the bodies, plus the Moore kid...to have a shot at GCA. Having said that, GCA is a heavy, heavy favorite. 

Don't forgot about Oakdale.

I'm not really seeing it with OD. They blew their chance when they got thumped by GCA last year in region with the best team they've had in many years. They lost 3 starters and  5 of their top 7 players.... plus Lowe would have started and he is at CF now. Yea, OD has 2 really good players, but it's downhill fast after that. They'll be competitive in D4, probably 3rd or 4th.... an outside chance at 2nd if a couple of the CF kids end up not playing. But no chance in region....zero, zip, nada. one and done...at best.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliment to GCA and Arnold. Looking forward to this year. My last year as a sports dad (in HS anyway) Oldest playing last year of football at Centre College and hoping Slim gets to play Ball at next level, but hoping his last HS year is special. We have a good team at GCA, just need to get over that hump, get back to state and get to the championship game. Nothing less is the goal. All the normal players will have something to say about that (Clay County, Van Buren, Meigs, Hampton, Cosby, Harriman and the West TN Teams) 

I know out non-conference schedule is brutal for a 2-A school and that is a good thing. Beardon, Webb, CAK, Taylor County KY, Lebanon Thanksgiving Tourney, Moritz Christmas Tourney in Ft. Worth TX.....Lot's of good ball coming. 

Go Rams 

I do think Harriman will be better than Meigs this year in district, but never doubt Sammy as a coach. He is so good.....ZY is ZY....and Meigs kids have swagger and mojo. Here we go again.....

• 3 months later...

Man this thread has been quiet all year. Harriman at GCA tuesday night. What do you Region 2 hounds think?

I hadn't even seen this thread. Tomorrow night is huge for a couple of top teams in this region. Quite a few big games remaining. I am ready to see how we match up with you all tomorrow! From what I saw from Wartburg I think Oakdale takes that one.

IT BETTER BE!Me and GFD are coming m still on crutches from knee surgery and no way would I go out to see an average game--- especially BASKETBALL!:roflol:

😂😂😂😂 I'm kinda excited to see this game. I just hope the atmosphere matches the importance behind this one. Been quite a few packed houses for home games so far let's see if we can bring it on the road