William Blount Bye Week

Governm

I think Schad is a good coach. WB has some very good talent coming down the pipeline.  DB is always over rated and would average 1-3 at best if they played all four Blount co teams every year.

Can Schad consistently beat teams as talented or more talented then his teams? He has a window of opportunity in these next few years of having one of the most talented group of young players to be at WB together in the last 20 years or so.  I've heard the administration may be running from Alcoa after this year and quitting the series. Disappointing to be setting such a bad example for the schools kids,  character always shows in the end.

With the realignment of regions next year, chances are WB will not play anyone other than Maryville with more talent than they have. I see them scheduling smaller schools with traditionally weak teams for their non region games and their region is likely to include several schools that have average programs.

WB could easily have some 8-2 or 7-3 seasons in a row.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Schad is a good coach. WB has some very good talent coming down the pipeline. DB is always over rated and would average 1-3 at best if they played all four Blount co teams every year.

Can Schad consistently beat teams as talented or more talented then his teams? He has a window of opportunity in these next few years of having one of the most talented group of young players to be at WB together in the last 20 years or so. I've heard the administration may be running from Alcoa after this year and quitting the series. Disappointing to be setting such a bad example for the schools kids, character always shows in the end.

With the realignment of regions next year, chances are WB will not play anyone other than Maryville with more talent than they have. I see them scheduling smaller schools with traditionally weak teams for their non region games and their region is likely to include several schools that have average programs.

WB could easily have some 8-2 or 7-3 seasons in a row.

Wow. Good post. I agree with very little of what you said, but the continued support in LA is why football in Blount county is so good. THE KID is a Sr this year. So is the best receiver. I don't see two more like them coming for some time.

Wow. Good post. I agree with very little of what you said, but the continued support in LA is why football in Blount county is so good. THE KID is a Sr this year. So is the best receiver. I don't see two more like them coming for some time.

The Govs have a strong core of sophomores and juniors that are starting or getting significant playing time this year. Dae Dae Love and Nick Yoakum are juniors and they are becoming very reliable targets at receiver. T.J King is a junior too. There's also a lot of younger players like Sugden on defense and they are getting better all the time. Edited by Governors91

The Kid is a Sr. but the sophomore QB is a good athlete, a great young man and a legit winner. The key will be keeping the core middle school talent together. #27 will be hard to replace. Across all 4 blount county schools, we have one of the most talented group of young players ( 7th grade through soph), in both quantity and quality that we've had in the last 30 years.

two years from now WB and Heritage could each have one of the top 3 seasons in their schools history. Maryville will be Maryville but with possibly even a few better top end athletes. Alcoa may have one of its top 5 teams ever.

Going to be fun to watch. The big questions will be if Hammontree and Schad can keep their young talent at home, will the possibility of the bigger schools avoiding Alcoa impact the players' confidence, morale  and development, can the younger players at WB develop in time to help #12 and how the realignment impacts the teams.

I think the new region alignment benefits WB the most. It may hurt Heritage. The mountaineers will likely lose some weaker teams in their region and have a couple of traditionally stronger teams moved in.