6A AP Poll really?

GWAVE1

Here is a little knowledge on how the Tennessee AP rankings work. All AP sports writers in Tennessee can vote for the AP High School Poll but only 30% of them do and most of them are in East Tennessee. Sports writers in Tennessee don't vote because there is no criteria for the vote other than popularity. Most other states use a system similar to the NCAA which has a structured criteria for the poll. To give you a real example of a poll here is the current M Preps poll for Tennessee based on criteria, not popularity...

I don't know who Maxwell Prep is, but he has Oakland's coach listed as Josh Harris instead of Kevin Creasy. Why should I trust his poll if he doesn't even know who the head coach is? I'll stick with Murphy's poll. It's Fair.

MaxPreps_zpsjm6qbdjm.png

Edited by Red Rebels

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who Maxwell Prep is, but he has Oakland's coach listed as Josh Harris instead of Kevin Creasy. Why should I trust his poll if he doesn't even know who the head coach is? I'll stick with Murphy's pole. It's Fair.

MaxPreps_zpsjm6qbdjm.png

😂😂😂💩

...and phixed.

Edited by JohnnyLawrence

Might want to go look at your polls....

http://www.unapproved website.com/m/rankings/list.aspx?ssid=ebff7089-c234-4d83-9f97-7f94d95ffd37&statedivisionid=e7b477e3-56f0-47df-8f3a-05e38fd7e139

Last revised Dec. 19th when both teams had played

Here was the final 4a Poll Also after Pearl had already beaten Memphis East 2 weeks before on their field

http://www.unapproved website.com/m/rankings/list.aspx?ssid=ebff7089-c234-4d83-9f97-7f94d95ffd37&statedivisionid=42ecc5b2-ba32-4a78-86f6-b2944b9cb3ae

EZ now Swipes lett's down't lett tha troof git inn tha way ov a goodur argeemint.... B)

Might want to go look at your polls....

http://www.unapproved website.com/m/rankings/list.aspx?ssid=ebff7089-c234-4d83-9f97-7f94d95ffd37&statedivisionid=e7b477e3-56f0-47df-8f3a-05e38fd7e139

Last revised Dec. 19th when both teams had played

Here was the final 4a Poll Also after Pearl had already beaten Memphis East 2 weeks before on their field

http://www.unapproved website.com/m/rankings/list.aspx?ssid=ebff7089-c234-4d83-9f97-7f94d95ffd37&statedivisionid=42ecc5b2-ba32-4a78-86f6-b2944b9cb3ae

Duh!!! exactly what I was telling you. The only time they were ahead of Ravenwood was the final poll before that last game....

Duh!!! exactly what I was telling you. The only time they were ahead of Ravenwood was the final poll before that last game....

RCKOF Thait iz tha FINULL POLE and Maxwell Praps haid Mairvul ahaid ov Rayvunwould...Eye down't no abowt ennybodee else....Butt eye wood lett tha Rapturs haiv tha furst place rankin' az long az Mairvul gits tha winn and tha Gold Bawl... :rolleyes:

I seriously can't believe they let you be a sports writer.....Maryville and Ravenwood played on 12/5 those poles had Maryville ranked #1 with a 14-1 record and Ravenwood #2 with a 14-1 record on 12/19 with the company you work for. That makes your pole look worse than a popularity contest. Ravenwood beat them on the field and still ranked under them

I seriously can't believe they let you be a sports writer.....Maryville and Ravenwood played on 12/5 those poles had Maryville ranked #1 with a 14-1 record and Ravenwood #2 with a 14-1 record on 12/19 with the company you work for. That makes your pole look worse than a popularity contest. Ravenwood beat them on the field and still ranked under them

they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-