WK 7- Dresden's homecoming vs Trenton-Peabody

Guest hevyrevy1611

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dresden is undefeated, ranked on top of polls, tied for first in Region 7 with UC, and playing hungry and with a mission, rolling over everyone. Will Trenton do to us what we did to them last year? Embarrass them on home turf, and do so at our homecoming game at that? Or will Lions make another strong statement and man-handle them? Will Dresden be overlooking Trenton (again), eager to have a go at UC? Or have the Lions learned their lesson on truly focusing on one game at a time? Trenton's only region loss is to UC, so a win here at Dresden would almost seal them a spot in playoffs, where they proved their heart last year. What will happen I wonder? ... Me? I say Lions win 46-24. If Golden Tide even scores that much. What say others, eh? Come on, don't be shy. Speak your more mind. :)

Last year Dresden whipped our buts in the regular season. But in the playoffs it does not take a whole game to see the better team won the game that counted and it was not even close. So stop talking about overlooking was the cause of your loss. We had a different team that night and everyone in the stadium knew that. Okay so much for last year. Dresden should win this game because of all of their excellent skill people but don't be surprise if Trenton pulls off the upset. Look to UC if you want. We will take it anyway you bring it. Having this game for your homecoming will only make things bad for you guys in the near future. Peabody will be loaded next year and years after that. What will Dresden be when Winn and company is gone. Either way I hope for a clean and safe game. Good luck to both teams on next Friday. Roll Tide!!

Edited by allgoodlf

Well, I must say when I saw that Dresden chose Peabody as your homecoming day, I was a bit shocked. I understand beating us would make for a sweet homecoming victory, but I don't see us laying down quite so easily. It's a gamble for sure, and I like the idea! It will make for a fun game no doubt!!! Peabody is growing and learning and improving every week on working together as a team. After losing so many seniors last year, we truly are a new team. We've spent our first weeks coming into our own. We had sloppy mistakes against Union City. That score should've been much closer than it was, but penalties held us back. I believe this Friday night... we shall have us a ballgame! Get ready, Lions! There will be a clash of Black and Gold come Friday! I do have one question until then... Will your line painters be sober this year as opposed to the playoff game last fall? Seriously not trying to take too big a dig at y'all, but those lines were a bit off last year. All in all though... looking forward to a great game next Friday!

Well, I must say when I saw that Dresden chose Peabody as your homecoming day, I was a bit shocked. I understand beating us would make for a sweet homecoming victory, but I don't see us laying down quite so easily. It's a gamble for sure, and I like the idea! It will make for a fun game no doubt!!! Peabody is growing and learning and improving every week on working together as a team. After losing so many seniors last year, we truly are a new team. We've spent our first weeks coming into our own. We had sloppy mistakes against Union City. That score should've been much closer than it was, but penalties held us back. I believe this Friday night... we shall have us a ballgame! Get ready, Lions! There will be a clash of Black and Gold come Friday! I do have one question until then... Will your line painters be sober this year as opposed to the playoff game last fall? Seriously not trying to take too big a dig at y'all, but those lines were a bit off last year. All in all though... looking forward to a great game next Friday!

I think they are over looking us. That's okay. They will know real soon that they will be in a ballgame. It is likely that these teams will play UC twice or Dresden twice. 1st game for pride, 2nd game for real

Last year Dresden whipped our buts in the regular season. But in the playoffs it does not take a whole game to see the better team won the game that counted and it was not even close. So stop talking about overlooking was the cause of your loss. We had a different team that night and everyone in the stadium knew that. Okay so much for last year. Dresden should win this game because of all of their excellent skill people but don't be surprise if Trenton pulls off the upset. Look to UC if you want. We will take it anyway you bring it. Having this game for your homecoming will only make things bad for you guys in the near future. Peabody will be loaded next year and years after that. What will Dresden be when Winn and company is gone. Either way I hope for a clean and safe game. Good luck to both teams on next Friday. Roll Tide!!

Line play will be the difference in this game..........Trenton has a very good OLine

Dresden is undefeated, ranked on top of polls, tied for first in Region 7 with UC, and playing hungry and with a mission, rolling over everyone. Will Trenton do to us what we did to them last year? Embarrass them on home turf, and do so at our homecoming game at that? Or will Lions make another strong statement and man-handle them? Will Dresden be overlooking Trenton (again), eager to have a go at UC? Or have the Lions learned their lesson on truly focusing on one game at a time? Trenton's only region loss is to UC, so a win here at Dresden would almost seal them a spot in playoffs, where they proved their heart last year. What will happen I wonder? ... Me? I say Lions win 46-24. If Golden Tide even scores that much. What say others, eh? Come on, don't be shy. Speak your more mind. :)

It is an honor to be ranked number one in the state and to be atop of the region. But that does not translate to Gold balls. Peabody has been in this position a lot more than Dresden. We are honored to play you potential champions so don't expect the better program to lay down. In this area over the last 20 years it has be Milan, UC, Huntingdon, Adamsville, Peaboody, Humboldt, Mckenzie and yes I will throw Dresden in the mix also.

It is an honor to be ranked number one in the state and to be atop of the region. But that does not translate to Gold balls. Peabody has been in this position a lot more than Dresden. We are honored to play you potential champions so don't expect the better program to lay down. In this area over the last 20 years it has be Milan, UC, Huntingdon, Adamsville, Peaboody, Humboldt, Mckenzie and yes I will throw Dresden in the mix also.

Dresden would fit into the last 10 years. that is still a nice run

I'm really interested in seeing how our team reacts to playing in a real football game. Dresden has a great team but haven't played a close game since getting schooled in playoffs last year. This game will be decided by mistakes, turn overs and penalties. I think Trenton has the athletes to cover our receivers but I still think Winn finds some open guys all night. Wouldn't surprise me to see Trenton get the W either. To be honest that might be best for our team right now. Still going with Lions by 14. With our cupcake schedule having Trenton for homecoming would be motivation I doubt Trenton really needs. After this year and as young as Trenton and Humboldt are I think we will be 3 or 4 in region. We still have some good young players but this is best chance to do something big.