Marion County vs Tyner @ Finley Stadium THURSDAY

Astimeexpires01

So it looks like we have established that BB was playing with a severely depleted defence. In reference to the comment "MC doesn't run over any one they just give it to the speedsters outside"? This doesn't make since at all, MC's FB had 130 yards last night? More yards than the speedsters getting outside? As for the score, it should've been much worse IMO. 12 penalties for 95 yards, I counted 3 of those bringing back substantial yards gained. 5 penalties ended substantial drives, a couple of these drives were deep in BB territory. Tyner will be a good game as was this one.

Or a lot closer

Borders TD brought back by being ruled he stepped ob. And MC TD before the half converting 2 4th downs both of which could have been spotted short.

It easily could have been a 12-7 game. And not once did you line up and blow anyone off the ball. All of #40 yards came outside the hashes running in the hole where Stott would normally be standing.

You play what you bring and it was a good win for MC. I just like our chances in a rematch. A lot.

Little Zeman appeared to be a little banged up to me as well last night. He's a tough kid though.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or a lot closer

Borders TD brought back by being ruled he stepped ob. And MC TD before the half converting 2 4th downs both of which could have been spotted short.

It easily could have been a 12-7 game. And not once did you line up and blow anyone off the ball. All of #40 yards came outside the hashes running in the hole where Stott would normally be standing.

You play what you bring and it was a good win for MC. I just like our chances in a rematch. A lot.

Little Zeman appeared to be a little banged up to me as well last night. He's a tough kid though.

We could go back and forth on this all day. Doesn't matter that a few guys were out on the defensive side, MC still pitched a shutout. Borders did step out of bounds, the whistle blew and the play stopped. I will look at the game but I don't think BB entered the red zone all night. #40 did get some yardage on the toss sweep, but the other runs were off tackle and up the gut for 5-6 yards a pop! I wouldn't necessarily call off tackle outside either. Good game by both teams, I assure you we will meet again, the next time I hope we both have healthy teams.Good luck with the rest of the season, #1 is a special think of player! Edited by Astimeexpires01

Tyner always talented but most of the time undiciplined

And coaching decisions sometimes make you scratch your head.

Last year in the playoffs they had just run the ball straight at MC for a TD and cut it to one score. They get the ball with 3:30ish left and come out five wide. Instead of throwing it down the field, then going back to the run....they throw a screen pass backwards OB.......then get cute on 2nd down to make it 3rd and long.

MC will definitely have the coaching advantage in this one.

We could go back and forth on this all day. Doesn't matter that a few guys were out on the defensive side, MC still pitched a shutout. Borders did step out of bounds, the whistle blew and the play stopped. I will look at the game but I don't think BB entered the red zone all night. #40 did get some yardage on the toss sweep, but the other runs were off tackle and up the gut for 5-6 yards a pop! I wouldn't necessarily call off tackle outside either. Good game by both teams, I assure you we will meet again, the next time I hope we both have healthy teams.Good luck with the rest of the season, #1 is a special think of player!

its a long season and a lot can change between now and then. Players out is never an excuse. You play what you have.

Do not think I'm insulting you by saying you're not a power team. (You're not a power team btw.) I would argue it takes a lot more skill and talent to do what you do. It's not to say that you couldn't line up in the power I and knock people off the ball. Maybe you could, I don't know, that's not your style of play and not what you're trying to do.

#1 is special

I think he got maybe 10 snaps at QB.

Not sure what that's about.

Edited by orangeslice13

its a long season and a lot can change between now and then. Players out is never an excuse. You play what you have.

Do not think I'm insulting you by saying you're not a power team. (You're not a power team btw.) I would argue it takes a lot more skill and talent to do what you do. It's not to say that you couldn't line up in the power I and knock people off the ball. Maybe you could, I don't know, that's not your style of play and not what you're trying to do.

#1 is special

I think he got maybe 10 snaps at QB.

Not sure what that's about.

We agree on one thing. Were not a power team, were not designed to be a power team. The only power team in 2a football is Trezvant! And that's because of that big power back Mr. Richardson!

I understand the #1 QB issue. Don't know if I could make the call if I were a coach either. If he's QB then you just lost your best defensive player. I counted 8 solo tackles from that youngon last night. Heck he might have had more than that?

Edited by Astimeexpires01

We could go back and forth on this all day. Doesn't matter that a few guys were out on the defensive side, MC still pitched a shutout. Borders did step out of bounds, the whistle blew and the play stopped. I will look at the game but I don't think BB entered the red zone all night. #40 did get some yardage on the toss sweep, but the other runs were off tackle and up the gut for 5-6 yards a pop! I wouldn't necessarily call off tackle outside either. Good game by both teams, I assure you we will meet again, the next time I hope we both have healthy teams.Good luck with the rest of the season, #1 is a special think of player!

Seems like that Stone kid over at SoPitt played QB and Safety a few years back and did ok.

I've seen them both too. MC 42 Tyner 18

MC will drive the ball to score. They may pick up 3-8 yards on every play but won't get those 50 yard scores. That eats up too much time for 42 points. 42 would mean they scored every drive which just isn't going to happen. I expect this game to be MC 21-28 points and Tyner ?????

Tyner depends on what the coaches do. So....Tyner could be anywhere from 0-28.

I believe it will be a close game.