Tornadoes poke the nest at Greenfield

fallguy17

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I truly love about the mid-line veer is that it almost instantly adapts to the type of team you have. Like I said on another thread, we can go from a Ninja Chopper type of offense to a Meat Grinder or Hammer and Fist type of offense very easily. The great thing is that we still have plenty of time to get more fluid between now and the playoffs. Yep. It's coming. My kind of football.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dude. No way. HORRIBLE news. This is bad for these young warriors. And the UC team. And even bad for UC's opponents, because imho those with real champion-mindsets & warrior-hearts wants to compete against the best a team has, the strongest of the strong, not a weakened & less-than-best opponent. This is rotten news indeed. :(

Dude. No way. HORRIBLE news. This is bad for these young warriors. And the UC team. And even bad for UC's opponents,nothinge imho those with real champion-mindsets & warrior-hearts wants to compete against the best a team has, the strongest of the strong, not a weakened & less-than-best opponent. This is rotten news indeed. :(

hevy I appreciate the concern but I think you will find that we are very competitive still. I believe in these kids and I know what they are taught by the coaching staff. Adversity causes you to find a new best. In other words, you learn to dig deeper and work harder. You learn to adapt and adjust. Thank you again for your genuine concern.

Guest hevyrevy1611

hevy I appreciate the concern but I think you will find that we are very competitive still. I believe in these kids and I know what they are taught by the coaching staff. Adversity causes you to find a new best. In other words, you learn to dig deeper and work harder. You learn to adapt and adjust. Thank you again for your genuine concern.

You're welcome! And for sure UC's non-starters has gotten plenty of experience & playing time in yall's regular thrashing & mercy ruling of opponents. Probably won't be any let-up nor let-down at all. Them non-starters will no doubt do fine. ... I heard a lady in an office talking to someone, and she was nonchalantly talking about the ACT college entrance tests and UC students, talking about what her friend's son got on his score, "Yeah he got a 31, but was wanting more. They really push them at UC to get at least a 30. That's big over there. They really emphasize academics there." And I thought, "YES! Way to go UC staff, teachers, and students. Developing student-athletes over there... in that order. This is the way everyone should do it."... RESPECT THAT!.. Sadly, as the breaking news about that 2A school reveals, not everyone has this ideology. Tragic indeed. Character, scholarship, and respect comes first over sports skills. And when you do that first its amazing how good the sports programs become. The fruit reveals the root. Proof is in the pudding. UC's trophy case shows y'all doing things the right way. Dresden trying to get up there amongst the top-tier teams too. And doing so the right way as well. Gonna be fun to see how this year ends, and next year, and next, and... :)

Thank you for sharing that. So many people think that all we do is push sports when the actual truth is that the first and greatest emphasis is academics. One more thing. I constantly hear other schools complain about our big semi that the band has because it takes up parking space when we are on the road. Folks don't know that half of the students in our school are either in the band or they are on the football team. Think about that. Half of the student body travels to every game. Well except for the way out of state games. I think you will enjoy our half time show when we come to Dresden. It's one of the best we have ever done. imo

Guest hevyrevy1611

I for one really enjoy bands at halftime. Massive amount of practice required! In HS we lived basically across the street from the school, and the JROTC Drill Team I was one practiced lots, way past football teams practice's, but the band, they were still out there practicing after us, sometimes way after dark. Band-bashers don't get it, don't appreciate what is required for band members, parents, etc. I say it loud & often, the biggest "negative" I have about Dresden is .. No band! .. Really? Come on everyone.. No Band?.. Why?.. This is asinine. Crazy! .. Not good at all! I have heard many reasons as to the rationale behind why they stopped having band, & no story seems to agree with the others, but I respond, That was then. This is now. Bring back the band! Almost every other small-sized school around here has one, Why not Dresden?... And I clap & cheer for bands that do come to Dresden, and encourage them as they leave. I really do. And yes.. UC's band is awesome. And I KNOW they get to that level by practice, dedication, and desire. Same stuff that makes winners in sports, business, academics, relationships... in life. Luv them bands for sure! And I stay for the show too. Sho nuff! Look forward to it in a few weeks.