McKenzie at TCA

Kyle1990

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't you reach for d-II where you belong? I know you're scared because it will be a level playing field... I mean come on... You're the only private school this side of the state that hasn't moved to D-II for 2017. Even JCS is out of the public division after this season. Really though. What's with you privates thinking you should be with the publics...never heard any logical reasoning for this

For the first time, I disagree with what you are saying. I appreciate and applaud TCA for playing D-1 football. Over at Jackson Christian, they have so many students that are on financial support that they would have to be off financial support starting in August of 2017, so Jackson Christian went back to D-2 so their students can still be a JCS Eagle. If JCS was still D-1 in August of 2017, then I would assume their enrollment would drop a significant amount. Does TCA have a certain amount of students that are on that financial support? Don't know, and I don't care. Again, they are there for a "Christian education." 

I always gripe and complain about USJ for playing D-2. I hate because they are the only school in West Tennessee that plays D-2. While region 7-4A teams are playing tough games week in and week out, USJ are playing cupcakes, yet, the media are giving the Bruins all of the credit in the world. Again, the fans would want to see USJ vs Adamsville, Peabody, or even Huntingdon and not USJ vs Fayette Academy, Tipton-Rosemark, and FACS. And I'm positive it won't even hurt USJ financially, it'll even help them. They are scared. POINT. BLANK. (And this isn't the first time I've said this, won't be the last either)

I never really viewed teams playing TCA will be considered a "non-level playing field." Yes, the chances of Trinity winning a state championship will be better in D-2 than it is in D-1. And that's largely is due to the TSSAA is adding another state championship for next season. But I don't think that'll be any fun. I don't know if TCA will go D-2 or not, my guess is they will, but my guess is just as good as yours.  I would like for TCA to stay in D-1, but if they move to D-2, the world is not coming to and end.

Edited by TennesseeVol

For the first time, I disagree with what you are saying. I appreciate and applaud TCA for playing D-1 football. Over at Jackson Christian, they have so many students that are on financial support that they would have to be off financial support starting in August of 2017, so Jackson Christian went back to D-2 so their students can still be a JCS Eagle. If JCS was still D-1 in August of 2017, then I would assume their enrollment would drop a significant amount. Does TCA have a certain amount of students that are on that financial support? Don't know, and I don't care. Again, they are there for a "Christian education."

I always gripe and complain about USJ for playing D-2. I hate because they are the only school in West Tennessee that plays D-2. While region 7-4A teams are playing tough games week in and week out, USJ are playing cupcakes, yet, the media are giving the Bruins all of the credit in the world. Again, the fans would want to see USJ vs Adamsville, Peabody, or even Huntingdon and not USJ vs Fayette Academy, Tipton-Rosemark, and FACS. And I'm positive it won't even hurt USJ financially, it'll even help them. They are scared. POINT. BLANK. (And this isn't the first time I've said this, won't be the last either)

I never really viewed teams playing TCA will be considered a "non-level playing field." Yes, the chances of Trinity winning a state championship will be better in D-2 than it is in D-1. And that's largely is due to the TSSAA is adding another state championship for next season. But I don't think that'll be any fun. I don't know if TCA will go D-2 or not, my guess is they will, but my guess is just as good as yours. I would like for TCA to stay in D-1, but if they move to D-2, the world is not coming to and end.

bump. And thank you to the expert 😜 Edited by BigEdMo