Beech @ Gallatin

Wave16

The Beech D has slowed down a couple of teams this year but in the same respect I think this is the best offense in the Region with the workhorse Gallatin has in the backfield along with the Minor-Chambers duo. As long as Chambers is healthy for this game I don't know how Beech could stop this offense. Gallatin in a close one, 35-32

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people thought that Hughes was going to light it up when Beech played Hendersonville also.Beech's line doesn't get the respect that they deserve, they will pound you up front and string together 12-13 play drives that tires out a defense.You also have to look at the teams the Bucs have played so far compared to Gallatin.

I remember A Beech team led by Hurd who was running over teams left and right and a Wilson Central team banded together and stuffed him. Now Beech won that game but Hurd got injured. Good teams can find ways especially good coaches who can find weaknesses to stop these great backs. Gallatin's line has got to win these battles in the trenches. Beech has been underrated this year just like Gallatin has been dismissed as the team to not get into the playoffs from this region. These games including this one are the make and break games. All of this Mr Football hype just feeds into a team trying extra hard to not just be the next victim. Gallatin's defense has got to step up along with the special teams unit.

I expect this to be a pretty evenly matched game. I don't believe anyone will necessarily stop mason, but I don't believe he will have the crazy numbers he's been seeing so far. That said, I believe this game goes to the team that makes less mistakes.

Beech 28 Gallatin 20

Gallatin had plenty of mistakes last week. Got baited into several personal fouls and had 5 fumbles. Take those big mistakes away and that game could have been not near as close. Beech is always disciplined. Those boys play different under Crabtree. Gallatin will have their hands full this week. Hopefully some of those injured can return too.

Gallatin had plenty of mistakes last week. Got baited into several personal fouls and had 5 fumbles. Take those big mistakes away and that game could have been not near as close. Beech is always disciplined. Those boys play different under Crabtree. Gallatin will have their hands full this week. Hopefully some of those injured can return too.

If Chambers is healthy for this game and they can get that throwing game working that will definitely open holes up for the run game. Should be a hard fought battle.

Rivalry game, this one probably has more intensity to it than MJ vs Gallatin. Especially since Gallatin wants to avenge a few years of unfortunate outcomes versus Beech. If common opponents were the only comparison you made between these teams one would have to choose Beech. Although with it being a rivalry and Gallatin finding there rhythm, I'll take Gallatin by 2.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS