Official Declarations for Division 2

KennyPowers55

Maryville is a public school?  Can you attend Maryville if you don't live in the MHS school district?  Can anyone that lives outside of Blount Co. attend MHS if they pay a fee, aka tuition?  Does the name Brent Burnett come to mind when he didn't live in Blount Co. but played QB there as well as for 2 D1 programs and 1 JC.  Well let me go back a little, he was on the roster for 2 D1 programs.  Don't know how much he played.

Maryville is a public school?  Can you attend Maryville if you don't live in the MHS school district?  Can anyone that lives outside of Blount Co. attend MHS if they pay a fee, aka tuition?  Does the name Brent Burnett come to mind when he didn't live in Blount Co. but played QB there as well as for 2 D1 programs and 1 JC.  Well let me go back a little, he was on the roster for 2 D1 programs.  Don't know how much he played.

Yes Maryville is a public school that is open zoned like ever other school in blount co. Yes you can attend Maryville if the school board approves you and you pat your tuition

Has any athlete ever been denied admission?  Sounds like a private school policy to me.  One other note, I remember playin at MHS one night and the officials were told to take off there hats cause the band was playing there alma mater song.  Don't think Blount Co. officials play by TSSAA rules either.  Looks like they have there own rules.

Has any athlete ever been denied admission?  Sounds like a private school policy to me.  One other note, I remember playin at MHS one night and the officials were told to take off there hats cause the band was playing there alma mater song.  Don't think Blount Co. officials play by TSSAA rules either.  Looks like they have there own rules.

I have no ties to Blount County so I have no idea if anyone has been denied admission. I do know that all open zoned school offer the same thing that I mentions above and alot of school system in the state of TN are open zoned (more than you might think). At Greene co I have seen students get denied admission. I've also seen kids kicked out of Greeneville high school that were athletes because they didn't live up to the school rules and standards. Athletics are a privilege not given.

I have no ties to Blount County so I have no idea if anyone has been denied admission. I do know that all open zoned school offer the same thing that I mentions above and alot of school system in the state of TN are open zoned (more than you might think). At Greene co I have seen students get denied admission. I've also seen kids kicked out of Greeneville high school that were athletes because they didn't live up to the school rules and standards. Athletics are a privilege not given.

Agree with most of this...all open zoned schools don't offer the same thing. All public schools are technically open zone, with the restrictions coming from their own administration. Our school is open zone, but do not accept out of county because we're at capacity...should our enrollment drop, then we would accept out of county with a tuition that covers taxpayers cost...that's our policy. If we chose to adopt a closed zone policy, it would be our own doing and of no consequence to the TSSAA. That's what most of the closed zone posters don't realize...that restriction is self imposed...if they don't like it, they can change it.

Agree with most of this...all open zoned schools don't offer the same thing. All public schools are technically open zone, with the restrictions coming from their own administration. Our school is open zone, but do not accept out of county because we're at capacity...should our enrollment drop, then we would accept out of county with a tuition that covers taxpayers cost...that's our policy. If we chose to adopt a closed zone policy, it would be our own doing and of no consequence to the TSSAA. That's what most of the closed zone posters don't realize...that restriction is self imposed...if they don't like it, they can change it.

That's the same policy that Greene Co. Has. I'm sure no school will receive anyone when there at capacity

Agree with most of this...all open zoned schools don't offer the same thing. All public schools are technically open zone, with the restrictions coming from their own administration. Our school is open zone, but do not accept out of county because we're at capacity...should our enrollment drop, then we would accept out of county with a tuition that covers taxpayers cost...that's our policy. If we chose to adopt a closed zone policy, it would be our own doing and of no consequence to the TSSAA. That's what most of the closed zone posters don't realize...that restriction is self imposed...if they don't like it, they can change it.

all due respect trader but the term not accept out of county because of capacity flirts with the privates being able to pick and choose who comes in. Don't get me wrong I want TCA to go D2 and keep the games with Scott's Hill. You guys make us better.

Has any athlete ever been denied admission? Sounds like a private school policy to me. One other note, I remember playin at MHS one night and the officials were told to take off there hats cause the band was playing there alma mater song. Don't think Blount Co. officials play by TSSAA rules either. Looks like they have there own rules.

Are you a Hauls Fan?

all due respect trader but the term not accept out of county because of capacity flirts with the privates being able to pick and choose who comes in. Don't get me wrong I want TCA to go D2 and keep the games with Scott's Hill. You guys make us better.

Like a stated earlier no matter if a school is public or private. In county or out of county. No one can accept any student if the school is at capacity. That's a fire code issue. Now if trader stated not accept because they weren't a good athlete, etc. That would be a different story