Warren goes to Oakland

dezcaughtit

That school has over 2000 kids. Comparable to the schools they play. McMinnville is not playing the entire town of Murfreesboro. Population in this case is a moot argument. The problem seems to be a lack of commitment in getting a good coach and decent assistants and getting the kids to buy into the system. Rural counties can compete, look at Trousdale Co for example. All we all read about is parent problems and coaching woes. Blah blah blah. Take control of the situation and get something done whether it is at the top or whatever. Jumping on people on a message board is pointless. Just fix it or stay fodder for everybody else!!! Bill Belicheck, Chamber of Commerce really really....good grief!

I did not intend to attack you personally, but there is a lack of perspective and facts in your comments.

There are 1,751 students at Warren County, not 2,000+.  If you are following the guidelines in the TSSAA classification, size does matter.

No one is saying that rural schools cannot compete, but to cite Trousdale is not logical.  Trousdale is predominantly playing small rural schools.

If an observer of high school athletics does not recognize and comprehend the difference between rural an city populations in Tennessee, then there is no reason to be in a discussion with that person.

If Warren County had an influx of Nashville residents moving to McMinnville, the population would would have changed dramatically.  McMinnville/Warren County has not changed, yet Murfreesboro has changed dramatically.  Murfreesboro was once a predominantly rural town. 

Why doesn't Gallatin play the Murfreesboro teams?  Why doesn't MTSU play in the SEC? Isn't the population of MTSU's student body larger than UT-Knoxville?

Unless more people move to McMinnville, it will remain a rural town.  Any Tennessee high school football follower understands that there is a different between the Lincoln, Franklin, Coffee, Warren, and Putnam county schools -- when compared to Rutherford County schools. 

Warren County consolidated high schools decades ago for a variety of reasons.  Warren County has lined up and played this year and last year against some of the best 6A teams in the state, including Maryville. 

Who is Gallatin playing?  Why is someone from Gallatin telling Warren County what to do?

I did not intend to attack you personally, but there is a lack of perspective and facts in your comments.

There are 1,751 students at Warren County, not 2,000+.  If you are following the guidelines in the TSSAA classification, size does matter.

No one is saying that rural schools cannot compete, but to cite Trousdale is not logical.  Trousdale is predominantly playing small rural schools.

If an observer of high school athletics does not recognize and comprehend the difference between rural an city populations in Tennessee, then there is no reason to be in a discussion with that person.

If Warren County had an influx of Nashville residents moving to McMinnville, the population would would have changed dramatically.  McMinnville/Warren County has not changed, yet Murfreesboro has changed dramatically.  Murfreesboro was once a predominantly rural town. 

Why doesn't Gallatin play the Murfreesboro teams?  Why doesn't MTSU play in the SEC? Isn't the population of MTSU's student body larger than UT-Knoxville?

Unless more people move to McMinnville, it will remain a rural town.  Any Tennessee high school football follower understands that there is a different between the Lincoln, Franklin, Coffee, Warren, and Putnam county schools -- when compared to Rutherford County schools. 

Warren County consolidated high schools decades ago for a variety of reasons.  Warren County has lined up and played this year and last year against some of the best 6A teams in the state, including Maryville. 

Who is Gallatin playing?  Why is someone from Gallatin telling Warren County what to do?

gallatin doesnt play the murfreesboro teams for the same reason warren plays them: region alignment and tssaa... you use college examples to try and help your argument so lets stick to high school buddy but fyi mtsu is playing 2 sec teams this year so.....

There are 1,751 students at Warren County, not 2,000+. If you are following the guidelines in the TSSAA classification, size does matter.

No one is saying that rural schools cannot compete, but to cite Trousdale is not logical. Trousdale is predominantly playing small rural schools.

If Warren County had an influx of Nashville residents moving to McMinnville, the population would would have changed dramatically. McMinnville/Warren County has not changed, yet Murfreesboro has changed dramatically. Murfreesboro was once a predominantly rural town.

Why doesn't Gallatin play the Murfreesboro teams? Why doesn't MTSU play in the SEC? Isn't the population of MTSU's student body larger than UT-Knoxville?

Unless more people move to McMinnville, it will remain a rural town. Any Tennessee high school football follower understands that there is a different between the Lincoln, Franklin, Coffee, Warren, and Putnam county schools -- when compared to Rutherford County schools.

Warren County consolidated high schools decades ago for a variety of reasons. Warren County has lined up and played this year and last year against some of the best 6A teams in the state, including Maryville.

Who is Gallatin playing? Why is someone from Gallatin telling Warren County what to do?

My observation as a fan of high school athletics is relevant since there seems to be a problem that has gone on for a long time. You state I do not know the facts. #1. Warren Co enrollment as was just turned in for this year is 2053. #2. You said rural schools can compete but to site Trousdale Co is not logical?? I do not understand that statement. Ok how about Henry Co, unless you consider Clarksville as rural. What about Hendersonville or Beech? #3. You want to throw Gallatin in the mix for some reason Ok. Last series Gallatin had was against Oakland about 5 years ago. They went 1-1. When was the last time Warren Co has won against any Murf School? They do not play because of enrollment differences. Now that may change this go around, we will see. Of course they do play larger schools pretty regularly. #4. When was the last time Warren Co had a winning record? What were they doing then compared to now? Compete consistently, which means win more than once or twice a decade against Coffee Co, Dekalb Co, Cookeville, White Co or whomever is considered rural.

Either make changes or continue to suffer. Either way it is a Warren Co issue but you don't have to be a genius to fix it however it might be hard to get done. Just like Lebanon, it can be done with the right people and mindset.

GWAVE1:

1  Will assume that you are correct on the Warren County enrollment.  I was stating the number on the website of the school, and the enrollment has never been over 2,000 in my memory.

2  You know better than to use Trousdale as an example.  Is Trousdale playing against Henry County or Clarksville?  Trousdale plays other rural schools.  Rural to rural.  Are you following the logic?

Henry County is not playing in a region with teams like Smyrna, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and Siegel.  It is like playing in the Big 10 or SEC against those schools.  You get pounded and worn down in that dynamic.  Most football followers understand the difference.  Ask any Big 10 or SEC Coach what happens during the season, or anyone playing the Rutherford County teams during the season. 

3  Five years ago against Oakland....now you are making me laugh!  Ask Lincoln County why they do not play Oakland anymore.  Or ask Coach Williams why he is not trying to schedule Oakland now.  Hahaha!  Good one!  1-1.

Ever hear anyone say Gallatin has been under-performing the last couple of decades? 

You are starting to sound like you are on the Board of Control with the TSSAA citing the enrollment numbers for a reason to not play the Murfreesboro teams. 

Who made enrollment the absolute factor in determining classifications? 

4  It has a been a long time since Warren County beat a Murfreesboro team or had a winning season.  You do not have to be a Rhodes Scholar to know the history. 

Make what changes?  You have offered no solutions.  You have ignored reality.  You hang onto the enrollment numbers as tightly as the TSSAA hangs onto the playoff spilts.  Why? 

And Warren County beat the example you cited as having done it the right way.  Warren County beat Lebanon this year, 31-7. 

Since that game, Warren County has lost two key players to injuries -- playing against Rutherford County teams.

And anyone who follows Tennessee High School football knows that Warren County has an excellent head coach.

And if you are determining what is going on at Warren County Football by reading lunatic posts on Coach T, I have overestimated your judgement. 

My observation as a fan of high school athletics is relevant since there seems to be a problem that has gone on for a long time. You state I do not know the facts. #1. Warren Co enrollment as was just turned in for this year is 2053. #2. You said rural schools can compete but to site Trousdale Co is not logical?? I do not understand that statement. Ok how about Henry Co, unless you consider Clarksville as rural. What about Hendersonville or Beech? #3. You want to throw Gallatin in the mix for some reason Ok. Last series Gallatin had was against Oakland about 5 years ago. They went 1-1. When was the last time Warren Co has won against any Murf School? They do not play because of enrollment differences. Now that may change this go around, we will see. Of course they do play larger schools pretty regularly. #4. When was the last time Warren Co had a winning record? What were they doing then compared to now? Compete consistently, which means win more than once or twice a decade against Coffee Co, Dekalb Co, Cookeville, White Co or whomever is considered rural.

Either make changes or continue to suffer. Either way it is a Warren Co issue but you don't have to be a genius to fix it however it might be hard to get done. Just like Lebanon, it can be done with the right people and mindset.

G

GWAVE1:

1 Will assume that you are correct on the Warren County enrollment. I was stating the number on the website of the school, and the enrollment has never been over 2,000 in my memory.

2 You know better than to use Trousdale as an example. Is Trousdale playing against Henry County or Clarksville? Trousdale plays other rural schools. Rural to rural. Are you following the logic?

Henry County is not playing in a region with teams like Smyrna, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and Siegel. It is like playing in the Big 10 or SEC against those schools. You get pounded and worn down in that dynamic. Most football followers understand the difference. Ask any Big 10 or SEC Coach what happens during the season, or anyone playing the Rutherford County teams during the season.

3 Five years ago against Oakland....now you are making me laugh! Ask Lincoln County why they do not play Oakland anymore. Or ask Coach Williams why he is not trying to schedule Oakland now. Hahaha! Good one! 1-1.

Ever hear anyone say Gallatin has been under-performing the last couple of decades?

You are starting to sound like you are on the Board of Control with the TSSAA citing the enrollment numbers for a reason to not play the Murfreesboro teams.

Who made enrollment the absolute factor in determining classifications?

4 It has a been a long time since Warren County beat a Murfreesboro team or had a winning season. You do not have to be a Rhodes Scholar to know the history.

Make what changes? You have offered no solutions. You have ignored reality. You hang onto the enrollment numbers as tightly as the TSSAA hangs onto the playoff spilts. Why?

And Warren County beat the example you cited as having done it the right way. Warren County beat Lebanon this year, 31-7.

Since that game, Warren County has lost two key players to injuries -- playing against Rutherford County teams.

And anyone who follows Tennessee High School football knows that Warren County has an excellent head coach.

And if you are determining what is going on at Warren County Football by reading lunatic posts on Coach T, I have overestimated your judgement.

G

Enrollment has been the determining factor since 1969. It is logical. I do not buy into the rural vs city factor. Let's face face it, that is really a black vs white issue. You can point to good and bad that are mostly one way or the other. Example Pearl Cohn contrasted with Glencliff. I agree there are some tough teams in Rutherford Co. And I agree it wears a team down but what about the other teams? When do they win or break even against the other schools I mentioned? You act like it is impossible. Warren Co can win with the right person and assistants in place. Plus a commitment by the players. Oh you need some talent but I bet there are kids who could start at multiple schools on that team. See I do not have a defeatist attitude, I think it can be done. If ya'll are happy then more power to you. Sound fundamental football can be taught to anybody IF the kids buy into the system. If they believe they can win. If the coaches go above and beyond with film study, go to workshops, understand the players and the buttons to push to get them to work, good facilities for these kids to be proud of, good offseason weight program, speed camps, and parents letting the coaches coach and supporting the program. Sometimes a coach can be the nicest person in the world but not a good head coach. I do not even know who coaches there now, Moore maybe I do not know. Not a knock on him but you mentioned Lebanon, is Harp that bad of a coach? Did he loose all his football sense moving to Tennessee? Probably not but his formula is not really working over there. Reevaluate the situation. Trousdale Co is a perfect example how a small team competes regularly with larger schools even privates throughout their history!! No matter if it is a city team or county team, athletes or whatever. Henry Co does too. Both great examples of communities that support their school. Beech is another one. Hendersonville is another who routinely plays and competes with the Rutherford Co schools under their enrollment numbers by the hundreds. It is a Warren Co issue very much so from an outside perspective. I gave you several ways to fix it. If none of those work then do something that does. Or just be the ones everyone schedules for homecoming. Typing on a computer or your phone doesn't fix a problem, doing something about it does!! Thanks for the kind words about Gallatin, we have had our problems and we continue to do something about it!!

Enrollment has been the determining factor since 1969. It is logical. I do not buy into the rural vs city factor. Let's face face it, that is really a black vs white issue. You can point to good and bad that are mostly one way or the other. Example Pearl Cohn contrasted with Glencliff. I agree there are some tough teams in Rutherford Co. And I agree it wears a team down but what about the other teams? When do they win or break even against the other schools I mentioned? You act like it is impossible. Warren Co can win with the right person and assistants in place. Plus a commitment by the players. Oh you need some talent but I bet there are kids who could start at multiple schools on that team. See I do not have a defeatist attitude, I think it can be done. If ya'll are happy then more power to you. Sound fundamental football can be taught to anybody IF the kids buy into the system. If they believe they can win. If the coaches go above and beyond with film study, go to workshops, understand the players and the buttons to push to get them to work, good facilities for these kids to be proud of, good offseason weight program, speed camps, and parents letting the coaches coach and supporting the program. Sometimes a coach can be the nicest person in the world but not a good head coach. I do not even know who coaches there now, Moore maybe I do not know. Not a knock on him but you mentioned Lebanon, is Harp that bad of a coach? Did he loose all his football sense moving to Tennessee? Probably not but his formula is not really working over there. Reevaluate the situation. Trousdale Co is a perfect example how a small team competes regularly with larger schools even privates throughout their history!! No matter if it is a city team or county team, athletes or whatever. Henry Co does too. Both great examples of communities that support their school. Beech is another one. Hendersonville is another who routinely plays and competes with the Rutherford Co schools under their enrollment numbers by the hundreds. It is a Warren Co issue very much so from an outside perspective. I gave you several ways to fix it. If none of those work then do something that does. Or just be the ones everyone schedules for homecoming. Typing on a computer or your phone doesn't fix a problem, doing something about it does!! Thanks for the kind words about Gallatin, we have had our problems and we continue to do something about it!!

GWAVE1,  we simply disagree on a number of things.  Warren County is moving in the right direction, and it is amazing how you or anyone can analyze the program in present tense without even knowing who the head coach is.  And if all your information comes from reading posts on Coach T, you are dealing with a lot of misinformation.

By the way, you mentioned Lebanon as someone who is doing it the right way.  I simply followed up by stating Warren County beat them.

I wish Coach Williams and the entire Gallatin community the best. 

P.S. There is nothing that you mentioned that Warren County is not doing regarding the football program.

GWAVE1, we simply disagree on a number of things. Warren County is moving in the right direction, and it is amazing how you or anyone can analyze the program in present tense without even knowing who the head coach is. And if all your information comes from reading posts on Coach T, you are dealing with a lot of misinformation.

By the way, you mentioned Lebanon as someone who is doing it the right way. I simply followed up by stating Warren County beat them.

I wish Coach Williams and the entire Gallatin community the best.

P.S. There is nothing that you mentioned that Warren County is not doing regarding the football program.

I never said Lebanon was doing it the right way. In fact I said his system isn't working over there. If they are doing all of those things and have the middle school and peewee leagues doing what the high school is doing there ought to be results. If not now, soon. I hope Warren Co gets it all ironed out. Good luck the rest of the way.

I never said Lebanon was doing it the right way. In fact I said his system isn't working over there. If they are doing all of those things and have the middle school and peewee leagues doing what the high school is doing there ought to be results. If not now, soon. I hope Warren Co gets it all ironed out. Good luck the rest of the way.

Guess I misinterpreted this statement:

Just like Lebanon, it can be done with the right people and mindset.