New Classification and Regions

anchordown10

Guest hevyrevy1611

It's no big deal unless you are riding in those torturous, uncomfortable schoolbuses. Or you're a parent working late and are late to games or can't go at all, or you can't afford extra gas expenses every week, or your car isn't trip worthy, etc, et al, ad nauseum. Or you are a school official on a limited strained budget and the money for these trips isn't there so the kids, parents, & community have to do fund raisers (which we did often back in my HS days- making trips in them covered wagons was more expensive than folk realize. Ha.). Nope, long trips aren't a big deal... unless you dealing with a 1001 other reasons. But, I am fully aware that the decision makers can't please everyone nor make it easy for all and they will do what they wish (and I know some will say that perhap$ they decide thing$ with certain $tandard$ in mind that help$ them$elve$ rather than "common people"). Whatever happens, it is what it is, and everyone will just have to deal with it best they can.

• Upvote 1

It's no big deal unless you are riding in those torturous, uncomfortable schoolbuses. Or you're a parent working late and are late to games or can't go at all, or you can't afford extra gas expenses every week, or your car isn't trip worthy, etc, et al, ad nauseum. Or you are a school official on a limited strained budget and the money for these trips isn't there so the kids, parents, & community have to do fund raisers (which we did often back in my HS days- making trips in them covered wagons was more expensive than folk realize. Ha.). Nope, long trips aren't a big deal... unless you dealing with a 1001 other reasons. But, I am fully aware that the decision makers can't please everyone nor make it easy for all and they will do what they wish (and I know some will say that perhap$ they decide thing$ with certain $tandard$ in mind that help$ them$elve$ rather than "common people"). Whatever happens, it is what it is, and everyone will just have to deal with it best they can.

Good post

It is one game on a Friday night! People make to big a deal of travel in football. And you won't have to go to all of them in one year.

The shortest drive for Jo Byrns is an hour and a half in a 9 team region. 

There is a couple of drives, within the region, that's 3 hours.

I don't care if it is one night a week, it's ridiculous.

I agree, it's tough to get off work at 4:45 then drive home, get ready and then have a two hour drive or longer to the game! All the good seats are gone and lucky to make kickoff!

With around 20 teams hopefully going into Division II, cutting to 5 classes should have possibly gone into effect.it would have compressed the distances in regions a bit on the average. Too late now.

This will be the way that T$$AA will stick their tongue out at all of us when everything is finalized.  They will stick it to as many small public schools as they can with respect to "Travel".

Then when they complain......and you know somebody will.......T$$AA will be happy to give them all the proverbial; "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo, told you so!"  "This is what you all wanted!! Deal with it."

Just too many unknowns right now.  But either way, T$$AA will be sure their pockets are lined well by the time the Jolly Ole Elf squeezes down the chimney!!!

Same for Lake Co ,located in the far corner of close to no one .But  like someone said, not going to have to do it but every other year. Travel is already a nightmare But look at the bright side .Some  schools will actually have a legit chance of maybe winning a Gold ball  instead of competing with schools twice their size .Maybe  not a big deal for bigger schools but for teams like Gleason, Greenfield  and even Lake Co it's tough when you have just over 200 students and maybe half are girls ,then you take in effect maybe those other 100 don't play sports ,some  are freshmen and not a lot to choose from .But at the same time ,I like playing the Union City's win or lose instead of maybe a Fulton co or Fulton City. Hope we continue playing them, we are on the rise and have some paybacks. Just won't keep us out of the playoffs now if we lose .Hard to figure Union City ,if I'm right ,going from about 300 students to 440 .Close to a 50 percent jump.

Edited by mrbigster