Tyreke Key Chooses Indiana State

Shozen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What 3 is high major

I'd say Douglas and both of the Alexander kids at Hamilton heights are the only high majors (SMU, VA Tech, and UF). I don't really consider the Hamilton Heights kids TN kids but they play here and have signed (both are actually from Canada they just prep in TN). Losing Stokes gave away this class's only power 5 commit even though Douglas had at least 5 offers of that caliber but I guess its all about scheme and your fit at that university. Quite a few kids have committed but overall its a down in the state as it was expected, but 2018-2020 will be LOADED! Two memphis area kids were ranked top 25 in the AAU poll of the 2020 class last week; Cameron Matthews (Olive Branch) and Matthew Murrell (Whitehaven) were ranked 22 and 24 respectively. 

I'd say Douglas and both of the Alexander kids at Hamilton heights are the only high majors (SMU, VA Tech, and UF). I don't really consider the Hamilton Heights kids TN kids but they play here and have signed (both are actually from Canada they just prep in TN). Losing Stokes gave away this class's only power 5 commit even though Douglas had at least 5 offers of that caliber but I guess its all about scheme and your fit at that university. Quite a few kids have committed but overall its a down in the state as it was expected, but 2018-2020 will be LOADED! Two memphis area kids were ranked top 25 in the AAU poll of the 2020 class last week; Cameron Matthews (Olive Branch) and Matthew Murrell (Whitehaven) were ranked 22 and 24 respectively.

I thought SMU was mid major

I thought SMU was mid major

Im torn on this, but if were gonna say SMU is mid major so is Memphis. I wouldn't consider Vandy a mid major and turn around and call LSU a high major. Same conference same level. When i hear mid major i picture schools such as Portland, Pacific, Murray St, Indiana St and schools of that level. Plus Douglas had offers from FSU, Marquette, ND, Memphis, TCU Ole Miss etc. so choosing a mid major wouldn't be the outcome. With a offer sheet of his and how heavy coaches were visiting him over the last 2 months its still shocking that he chose SMU as the front runner I must say. But they have won 25 games 3 years in a row so maybe he was sold on the environment and the direction they are headed after Larry Brown. I guess we also have to look at the fact of the success he has had at a school that isn't known for putting out D1 Bball talent so maybe he wanted to follow a similar mold on the next level.

Im torn on this, but if were gonna say SMU is mid major so is Memphis. I wouldn't consider Vandy a mid major and turn around and call LSU a high major. Same conference same level. When i hear mid major i picture schools such as Portland, Pacific, Murray St, Indiana St and schools of that level. Plus Douglas had offers from FSU, Marquette, ND, Memphis, TCU Ole Miss etc. so choosing a mid major wouldn't be the outcome. With a offer sheet of his and how heavy coaches were visiting him over the last 2 months its still shocking that he chose SMU as the front runner I must say. But they have won 25 games 3 years in a row so maybe he was sold on the environment and the direction they are headed after Larry Brown. I guess we also have to look at the fact of the success he has had at a school that isn't known for putting out D1 Bball talent so maybe he wanted to follow a similar mold on the next level.

Let's say this, they not in the Power 5 conferences

You know what is amazing to me? A D2 and Low Major education is about 75K to 125K and all anybody talks about is High D1 it seems. This years LMU team could beat half the SEC.

This years 2017 TN class has some ballers. And as far as this thread goes......Tyreke Key just locked up a 105k education room and board. Pretty dang impressive young man. Now go get you some!

Edited by 12thmanGCA

You know what is amazing to me? A D2 and Low Major education is about 75K to 125K and all anybody talks about is High D1 it seems. This years LMU team could beat half the SEC.

This years 2017 TN class has some ballers. And as far as this thread goes......Tyreke Key just locked up a 105k education room and board. Pretty dang impressive young man. Now go get you some!

Amen! With basketball anybody can be beat and the power 5 means nothing when you get to that tourney. He's a blessed kid.