District 6 AAA

bball7000

All due respect, you can not compare "elementary" nor middle school basketball to high school ball. I understand you have near identical line ups as you did in middle school but as kids grow and like you said coaching changes. Players get better and progress while some players don't mature as well. But you can't take a way from the coach you are blaming the problem on. He has won district championships through out his entire career. Pointing fingers at the coach will only make your problem worse. You get home after the game, your athlete hears your opinion. Sides with your opinion since things aren't going as expected. Before you know it a cancer has grew amongst your team and opinions slowly tear a team apart from each other and or there coach

AMEN.

How much film study are they doing on their own time. Willing to bet then never had to do that a middle school. How much practice time are they putting in outside of the regular practice sessions? Point is a player has to develop and prepare themselves for games. You can bet there is a a guy in a gym somewhere practicing to beat you. You have to out work that guy! Hold your kids more accountable for their own game preparation. Coach can only lead them to water, can't make them drink.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=102&seasonid=93&sportid=3&

Yea Technically it was 2009-2010   and 2012-2013  

I just don't think parents are realistic these days.  I mean who exactly do you think your school system is going to go out and hire?  Coach K, Coach Cal?    These coaches get paid next to nothing so good luck. 

Grass isn't always greener....

Anyone that compare what kids did in elementary school/ middle school to how they perform in high school is ignorant. By that standard if you don't make the middle school team don't try out in high school. By that standard a kid not successful in college when he was Mr. Basketball in high school must be poor college coaching. Only morons with no clue of sports say,"But they were so good in middle school." Warren County has 6 different middle schools. Beating one of them is not special. Beating Avery Trace in Putnam is not special. 

• 2 weeks later...