Bolton

Brighton

Dyer County

Kingsbury

Munford

Overton

Ridgeway

Southwind

This looks pretty good the one team I would move is Franklin Co to Region 5. Lenior City to Franklin Co would be a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive.

5A---

Region 1

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Tn High

Cocke Cty

Cherokee

Volunteer

Morristown - E

Region 2

Sevier Cty

Karns

Lenoir City

South Doyle

Knox Catholic

West

Region 3

Oak Ridge

Campbell Cty

Clinton

Central

Halls

Powell

Region 4

Rhea Cty

Walker Valley

White Cty

Soddy Daisy

Franklin Cty

Region 5

Shelbyville

Columbia

Lincoln Cty

Summit

Page

Region 6

Hillwood

Beech

Hunters Lane

Glenncliff

Hillsboro

Gallatin

Region 7

West Creek

NE

NW

Henry Cty

Clarksville

Kenwood

Region 8

Brighton

Bolton

Kingsbury

Dyer Cty

Ridgeway

Overton

Munford

Southwind

Edited by tlee0722

Point taken: Franklin Co to Region 5

It might be better to drop Knox Catholic to Region 4 and move White County to Region 5 also.

With White County being an hour and half from Knoxville and Nashville will the TSSAA give them option of picking where they want to play?  Based on geography I think Rhea County, Lenior City, Knox Catholic, Soddy Daisy, Walker Valley and White County could be placed together.  Since Catholic is furthest team in Knoxville they could slide into this region unless they keep all the Knoxville teams together. Then you could have South-Doyle, Central, West, Halls, Powell, Karns and Catholic. With another region being Lenior City, Soddy Daisy, Walker Valley, White County Oak Ridge and Clinton. But then again that would place 8 teams in region 1  Daniel Boone Davie Crockett, Tennessee High, Cocke Co., Cheorkee, Volunteer, Morritown East and Sevier County.  And Campbell County Campbell placed in region 2?

Edited by QSouth89

I do not remember that. Who were in the 4 team region?

Region 8-1A was KIPP, Memphis Middle College, Booker T. Washington, and Middleton.  I think it might have originally been a 5 or 6 team region with a couple of schools closing in the past 2 years, though.

In DII, you had Class AA West made up of MUS, Briarcrest, Christian Brothers, and St. Benedict.

There were tons of 5 team districts spread out through the classifications, as well.

If the TSSAA does 5A regions like last time I look for heavy regions in the west and not so on the east. 1-4 around 22-23 teams and 5-8 27-28 teams. Not much more to equal the two sides. I think the projections here are pretty accurate.

Traditionally, they've like to do heavy regions in Regions 1 and 2, then split things between East/West quadrants around the Nashville area.  However, thsi time that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

It wouldn't surprise me to see:

Region 1:

Tennessee High

Morristown East

David Crockett

Daniel Boone

Volunteer

Cherokee

Region 2:

Knox Central

Knox Catholic

South Doyle

Knox Halls

Sevier County

Cocke County

Region 3:

Powell

Knox West

Oak Ridge

Campbell County

Clinton

Karns

Region 4:

Rhea County

Walker Valley

Soddy Daisy

White County

Page

They may pack Cocke County into Region 1 for a 7 team region and make a 5 or 6 team Knoxville area region, but that really isn't that sensible.  It's about the same distance from Cocke County to go to the Knox County area schools as it is to go East.

The two Knoxville area districts just make sense.

Edited by BlueDevil58