Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

OAK RIDGE vs WEBB

• Please log in to reply
    299 replies to this topic

#1 WillieTheWildcat

WillieTheWildcat

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,187 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

Just how much do the Wildcats respect the Spartans after last year? How much does Webb want to get revenge for  last season?

I'm worried and expecting a close contest. Also, looking forward to hearing about their super eight grader. I didn't even know eight graders could play varsity.

#2 Runswithknife

Runswithknife

Contender

• Members
    • 948 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

Webb wins this one. To quote the great Antoine Dodson "So go and tell that, homeboy"

#3 IrishBBall

IrishBBall

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,919 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

Just how much do the Wildcats respect the Spartans after last year? How much does Webb want to get revenge for  last season?

I'm worried and expecting a close contest. Also, looking forward to hearing about their super eight grader. I didn't even know eight graders could play varsity.

Only if they are on the same campus as the high school. Webb, CAK and Grace can all play 8th graders.

#4 BarneySox2007

BarneySox2007

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:34 AM

Willie I saw him against GCA. If the kid makes it to the corner kiss him goodbye.

#5 Spartan4Life

Spartan4Life

Challenger

• Members
    • 565 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

This years Webb team is a lot closer to the traditional teams Webb fields (unlike last year). The talent is there, my concern is for the depth which continues to be an issue over the past 4 years. I'm not going to predict a winner at this point but I can predict a very good ball game with great athletes on each side.

If Webb can keep Tee under 3 TDS I could see this game going down to the wire.

Edited by Spartan4Life, 15 October 2016 - 12:59 PM.

8-Time State Champions- 1981,1996, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
    2-Time State Runner Up. 1997, 2005

#6 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,874 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

Hopefully the Cats depth will prevail in the end. Coming off a bye week should be a good thing for us we needed it.

Edited by SweetScience, 15 October 2016 - 03:38 PM.

Oak Ridge Wildcats Athletics: 42 State Championships

#7 rebelwoman87

rebelwoman87

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,743 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

RWR!

#8 strongx

strongx

Champion

• Members
    • 2,458 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

Only if they are on the same campus as the high school. Webb, CAK and Grace can all play 8th graders.

Oddly, so can murvil. But the school board "forbids" it. Why would a school ever do that?

#9 STARSNBARS

STARSNBARS

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 11,219 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

Oddly, so can murvil. But the school board "forbids" it. Why would a school ever do that?

Welp sx aftur seein' all tham frashman playin' laist nite.....Maybee we nead two look att sum chainges onn tha Skool Bored this time....

BarnStirringMoulage.gif

STARSNBARS garbige and recrootin' servuss and Mairvul footbawl...tha best thay iz!!

#10 rockytop7

rockytop7

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 39 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Actually Maryville can't do it. K-12 all under the same roof

Spirit Style Chooser: