CPA @ Goodpasture 16

youthsportsPIX

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the losing part, but it was a good game. GCS sophomore quarterback was impressive. #6 running back had 3 touchdowns I think. With 8 minutes to go, they could have packed it in but they turned it up instead. After losing 22 straight games in the previous seasons, they outplayed a team that played in the last 3 state championships. Much to be proud of in Madison! Much respect.

I hope we somehow get a rematch in a few weeks.

http://goodpasture.football/cpa-16/

CPA is a good team with lots of young talent.  You could tell they were young but you can also tell they will be very good next year.  CPA had no idea they were running into a Buzz Saw last night.  The Cougars were not going to lay down after being down 21 to 10 with 8 minutes to go in the game.  In under 5 munites the Cougars scored 21 points to take this game away from CPA. 

I did want to mention Sophmore #25 for CPA, who might be one of the best receiver in our 3A region.  #25 is a really good receiver that made an unbelievable one-handed catch that could have made Sports Center.  Probably the best catch I have seen all year.   If CPA can get their passing game going they might be very tough to beat.