Sequatchie Co vs Grundy Co

SCPRIDE30

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morrison is a glass half full kinda guy, he probably wouldn't be invited back if he said anything detrimental about the program. There has been some improvements to the team, I think Greg Brewer an Jason Evans deserve a lot of that credit. Ultimately they're still a disorganized and under achieving football team, something that can only come from a head man that has a clear plan and has clearly defined the roles and responsibilities of his staff, and one who takes responsibility for it when it doesn't pan out. ( I.E. Colquette stood before us all and took the blame for every close loss we ever had, that he failed to prepare us adequately and always made in his promise to prepare us better the next week.) Our current coach blamed his players after dekalb game and said he needed someone to step up an make a play. Failing to realize players can only make plays when you put them in positions to succeed, something he didn't do in the 4th quarter of the last two close loses.

2-17 after two seasons is unacceptable and shouldn't be considered good enough anywhere, if back to back 5-5 seasons weren't good enough for Evans at Marion County, then back to back 1-9 seasons should never be good enough for us here...

Edited by Grundyplayer

Well said!

Morrison is a glass half full kinda guy, he probably wouldn't be invited back if he said anything detrimental about the program. There has been some improvements to the team, I think Greg Brewer an Jason Evans deserve a lot of that credit. Ultimately they're still a disorganized and under achieving football team, something that can only come from a head man that has a clear plan and has clearly defined the roles and responsibilities of his staff, and one who takes responsibility for it when it doesn't pan out. ( I.E. Colquette stood before us all and took the blame for every close loss we ever had, that he failed to prepare us adequately and always made in his promise to prepare us better the next week.) Our current coach blamed his players after dekalb game and said he needed someone to step up an make a play. Failing to realize players can only make plays when you put them in positions to succeed, something he didn't do in the last two close loses.

2-17 after two seasons is unacceptable and shouldn't be considered good enough anywhere, if back to back 5-5 seasons weren't good enough for Evans at Marion County, then back to back 1-9 seasons should never be good enough for us here...

If you fellers are referring to the Chandler Morrison that's does sports write ups for the valley teams then try looking at it this way. What if he said "Grundy isn't performing well and the Indians will probably steamroll right over them", that wouldn't be very journalistic of him. I've never met the guy nor even heard of him till I noticed some small articles on Facebook that someone posted. I say you guys that are posting on here from Grundy aren't giving him a fair shake. He's trying to be tasteful with his journalism and you mistake it for something else.

That being said, I completely disagree with your view on Seq and Grundy. I ALWAYS pull for the Indians and ANY valley team ie, Bledsoe, Whitwell, Grundy, etc, that plays "outside" teams.

Grundy's bitterness will go away once their football gets back on track. You think Dunlap enjoyed that winless season a few years back? Nope, not one bit.