Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Blackman @ Coffee County For Battle of the Running Backs

• Please log in to reply
    27 replies to this topic

#1 Blaze45

Blaze45

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

Mater Teague  vs Alontae Taylor. This will be an interesting matchup, as both Teague and Taylor are raked as top 10 backs in the state. Will Blackmans defense put the pressure on Taylor and force them to pass, or will CC defense shut Teague? Who you pickin and why?

#2 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,762 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

Blackman due to the line size and strength. Gotta open holes before the RB's can tiptoe thru!

#3 bounder

bounder

Champion

• CoachT+
    • 2,419 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

LOD guess you're still on "the List", hope it happens soon.

#4 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,762 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

Yes on St Thomas's list. I informed Vandy they are NOT the Gods of Medicine for middle Tn. Besides St T's food is better LOL

They are trying their best to kill me with the tests. I still have the TV camera that attacks from 'behind' to go.

If Blackman plays up to their level, this one should be a mercy game the entire second half. If the play down to Coffee County's, it could be a bad night for Blackman.

#5 powereyeleadoption

powereyeleadoption

Trainer

• Members
    • 138 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

spoiler alert!!  Warren co  beat Coffe co Fiday night. Duh......this one will not be close.

#6 Blaze45

Blaze45

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:09 PM

spoiler alert!!  Warren co  beat Coffe co Fiday night. Duh......this one will not be close.

So you are telling there is a chance?

#7 powereyeleadoption

powereyeleadoption

Trainer

• Members
    • 138 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

So you are telling there is a chance?

uh...nope! Spoiler alert for your title, Running clock second half.

#8 Pumpkin007

Pumpkin007

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

Taylor will have trouble for the simple fact his Oline doesn't fight for him. No reason for 3 defensive lineman to be in the backfield for the handoff when there is only 4 of them rushing. this has been the case all year long. The parents are in the kids heads, it is a sad sight to watch. If everyone person playing had the heart that Tayler, Rozier, McKee and a few others had, this would be a totally different ball team.

#9 Blaze45

Blaze45

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

Taylor will have trouble for the simple fact his Oline doesn't fight for him. No reason for 3 defensive lineman to be in the backfield for the handoff when there is only 4 of them rushing. this has been the case all year long. The parents are in the kids heads, it is a sad sight to watch. If everyone person playing had the heart that Tayler, Rozier, McKee and a few others had, this would be a totally different ball team.

All the jabs aside. heart is the one thing you can't coach. I see it in almost every sport, class and face of most kids theses days. getting by is good enough. Being the best or even their best doesn't seem to matter any longer. I hope that is something as a society we can work towards changing. I listened to a podcast of the cc at WC game and the names I heard over and over were the ones you mentioned. Sounds like there was alot of try in what appeared to be a 3-4 on eleven. 

#10 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,762 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

All the jabs aside. heart is the one thing you can't coach. I see it in almost every sport, class and face of most kids theses days. getting by is good enough. Being the best or even their best doesn't seem to matter any longer. I hope that is something as a society we can work towards changing. I listened to a podcast of the cc at WC game and the names I heard over and over were the ones you mentioned. Sounds like there was alot of try in what appeared to be a 3-4 on eleven.

Heart will only take you so far. Then the dedicated PE period in the weight room takes over. This along with having more than one line ready also.

Spirit Style Chooser: