Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Gerry Bertier's 3A Poll after Week 9

• Please log in to reply
    34 replies to this topic

#1 Gerry Bertier

Gerry Bertier

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,277 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:08 PM

1. Alcoa- I believe the question becomes what team loses by the least amount of points to the F5 in the playoffs.

2. Elizabethton- Cyclones are on a collision course with Alcoa in the quarters. CAK may give them a game in the 2nd round.

3. Liberty Tech- Crusaders continue to roll as they prep for another deep playoff run.

4. Stratford- The Spartans need to clean up their play if they want to be able to beat CPA again. Undiscipline and a questionable kicking game will get you beat, however the talent is there to play the day after Thanksgiving.

5. Notre Dame- Best team in Chattanooga will not be tested until the Semis where they will be overtaken by a F5 tornado.

6. CPA- People may question having this Lions squad ranked but I believe they are starting to find heir identity and will be a tough out in November.

7. CAK- The Warriors drop this week after watching some questionable defense this year. Interested in their match up Alcoa.

T-8. Dyersburg- Trojans will be tested in the 1st round of the playoffs and must be more consistent down the stretch.

T-8. Milan- Bulldogs much like Dyersburg will need to find consistency before November with Coach morris leading the squad look for the Bulldogs to make a run in November.

10. Goodpasture- Cougars have a big match up with CPA this week in a rivalry game that will give the winner a home game in the 1st round.

Next up- Fairview, Sequatchie County, Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar
    In memory of Btown (1986-2005)

#2 buckeyeball

buckeyeball

Competitor

• Members
    • 386 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

Can't see Goodpasture over an undefeated Fairview. Still not sold on having CPA that high. Maybe 9 or 10 would make better sense to me.

#3 cofo

cofo

Challenger

• Members
    • 693 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

Can't see Goodpasture over an undefeated Fairview. Still not sold on having CPA that high. Maybe 9 or 10 would make better sense to me.

3-5 CPA #6??...I just lost respect for your poll...

#4 Gerry Bertier

Gerry Bertier

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,277 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

That 3-5 team would beat every team below it right now.

My poll is not just based off record but who would win on the field head to head and strength of schedule.
    In memory of Btown (1986-2005)

#5 Slim88

Slim88

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

yeh 4 losses to teams that would that would beat anyone else on that poll minus maybe alcoa. And a 1 pt loss to the number 4 team on the poll. I mean. The GA team,pearl cohn, knoxville catholic,and Ensworth? That's 4 losses for teams 2-10 as well.

Edited by Slim88, 17 October 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#6 Slim88

Slim88

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:50 PM

That 3-5 team would beat every team below it right now.

My poll is not just based off record but who would win on the field head to head and strength of schedule.

i think the fact that this is a 3A poll eludes him. Top 10 ten teams in 3A. CPA has by far the hardest schedule in 3A. By a very long shot.

#7 bcd

bcd

Competitor

• Members
    • 264 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

cofo lost respect for Gerry's poll a couple of weeks ago, he just doesn't remember it... Perhaps a politician?

My guess is he's a good dude though, he just doesn't like CPA for some reason.

no respect for your poll...CPA at 1-5 and #4 in the state???...yes they're young...yada...yada...base it on this year...not years to come...a spot on accurate prediction site has Milan 31-14 over CPA....same site that had Liberty 26-25 over Milan and it wound up 28-25 Liberty...so CPA had a couple of down recruiting years...Alcoa never has them...guess that's why Alcoa has a couple of dozen Gold Balls...

Edited by bcd, 16 October 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#8 Swarm

Swarm

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:43 AM

I don't think CPA beats Milan or Dyersburg. And probably not CAK either but I don't know much about them.
    Gerry isn't going to rank a region 6 team unless they make it to the quarters. He's already predicted all 4 teams to lose the 1st round.

#9 Booger

Booger

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 3,969 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:45 AM

and he keeps waverin on Squatchy......darndess thing.....and they r undefeated.....musta not been any preasure from the valley this past week

we'll see how much Gerry nose when the AP comes out today

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

STATE CHAMPIONS: Not Yet; but we were 3rd 3x......but we still have prayer at school and can say the Pledge of Allegiance

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on to them to do the same. 40th President of the United States

#10 buckeyeball

buckeyeball

Competitor

• Members
    • 386 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

I don't think CPA beats Milan or Dyersburg. And probably not CAK either but I don't know much about them.
    Gerry isn't going to rank a region 6 team unless they make it to the quarters. He's already predicted all 4 teams to lose the 1st round.

If he's not going to rank and undefeated team until they make it deep in to the playoffs then his 3A poll doesn't make any sense at all.

Spirit Style Chooser: