Gerry Bertier's 3A Poll after Week 9

Gerry Bertier

1. Alcoa- I believe the question becomes what team loses by the least amount of points to the F5 in the playoffs.

2. Elizabethton- Cyclones are on a collision course with Alcoa in the quarters. CAK may give them a game in the 2nd round.

3. Liberty Tech- Crusaders continue to roll as they prep for another deep playoff run.

4. Stratford- The Spartans need to clean up their play if they want to be able to beat CPA again. Undiscipline and a questionable kicking game will get you beat, however the talent is there to play the day after Thanksgiving.

5. Notre Dame- Best team in Chattanooga will not be tested until the Semis where they will be overtaken by a F5 tornado.

6. CPA- People may question having this Lions squad ranked but I believe they are starting to find heir identity and will be a tough out in November.

7. CAK- The Warriors drop this week after watching some questionable defense this year. Interested in their match up Alcoa.

T-8. Dyersburg- Trojans will be tested in the 1st round of the playoffs and must be more consistent down the stretch.

T-8. Milan- Bulldogs much like Dyersburg will need to find consistency before November with Coach morris leading the squad look for the Bulldogs to make a run in November.

10. Goodpasture- Cougars have a big match up with CPA this week in a rivalry game that will give the winner a home game in the 1st round.

Next up- Fairview, Sequatchie County, Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-5 CPA #6??...I just lost respect for your poll...

yeh 4 losses to teams that would that would beat anyone else on that poll minus maybe alcoa. And a 1 pt loss to the number 4 team on the poll. I mean. The GA team,pearl cohn, knoxville catholic,and Ensworth? That's 4 losses for teams 2-10 as well. Edited by Slim88

That 3-5 team would beat every team below it right now.

My poll is not just based off record but who would win on the field head to head and strength of schedule.

i think the fact that this is a 3A poll eludes him. Top 10 ten teams in 3A. CPA has by far the hardest schedule in 3A. By a very long shot.

cofo lost respect for Gerry's poll a couple of weeks ago, he just doesn't remember it... Perhaps a politician?

My guess is he's a good dude though, he just doesn't like CPA for some reason.

no respect for your poll...CPA at 1-5 and #4 in the state???...yes they're young...yada...yada...base it on this year...not years to come...a spot on accurate prediction site has Milan 31-14 over CPA....same site that had Liberty 26-25 over Milan and it wound up 28-25 Liberty...so CPA had a couple of down recruiting years...Alcoa never has them...guess that's why Alcoa has a couple of dozen Gold Balls...

Edited by bcd

Can't see Goodpasture over an undefeated Fairview. Still not sold on having CPA that high. Maybe 9 or 10 would make better sense to me.

I don't think CPA beats Milan or Dyersburg. And probably not CAK either but I don't know much about them.

Gerry isn't going to rank a region 6 team unless they make it to the quarters. He's already predicted all 4 teams to lose the 1st round.

I don't think CPA beats Milan or Dyersburg. And probably not CAK either but I don't know much about them.

Gerry isn't going to rank a region 6 team unless they make it to the quarters. He's already predicted all 4 teams to lose the 1st round.

If he's not going to rank and undefeated team until they make it deep in to the playoffs then his 3A poll doesn't make any sense at all.

If he's not going to rank and undefeated team until they make it deep in to the playoffs then his 3A poll doesn't make any sense at all.

Ole G of little faith isn't impressed. That's cool. We just hope region 5 overlooks us too. We might not make it through there but this team will play with anyone in region 5 for 4 quarters.