Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Summit at Stewie with BIG post-season implications on the line

• Please log in to reply
    10 replies to this topic

#1 nrgrizzlies

nrgrizzlies

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,536 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

Correct me if this is wrong.  If Stewie wins the final two game (this one and at Lincoln Co.)... they finish second and get a home playoff game.

If they lose to Summit, they finish 4th and have to play on the road at whoever the #1 seed is from that other 5a region?  (Cane Ridge?)

I hope Stewie can pull this off.  I went to the first varsity game ever played at Cane Ridge years ago.  If Stewie brings their band to Cane Ridge and half the amount of fans they took to the Overton game, that would be about double what the visitors side at CR holds if I recall... unless it was expanded.  Unless they could bring in some portable stands from baseball or whatever.

But first things first.  If Stewie can pull off the tall order of sweeping the last two, they would host a playoff game, right?  Even though Summit beat Shelbyville and Stewie did not, the head to head win over Summit would give Stewie the #2 seed???

Edited by nrgrizzlies, 17 October 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#2 TGUN

TGUN

Competitor

• Members
    • 257 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

Gonna be a good one that's for sure.... Playoff game in the regular season.....

#3 nrgrizzlies

nrgrizzlies

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,536 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

Did that playoff seeding math sound right?  I know it's complicated.

#4 TGUN

TGUN

Competitor

• Members
    • 257 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:29 PM

Did that playoff seeding math sound right? I know it's complicated.

Kinda ...... Whoever wins this game is in control of 2nd place with.a game to go..... After that it gets semi complicated

#5 spalding18

spalding18

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

I believe you are wrong. If they all end up 5 and 2 in the standing and 1 beat 2 and 2 beat 3 and 3 beat 1. With no head to head tie breaker scenario, in the TSSAA wonderful tie breaker it will go to non district record. And in that case, Summit and Shelbyville were 2 and 1 and Stewarts Creek was 1 and 2, Summit should be the 2 Shelbyville the 3 and Stewarts Creek the 4. I believe even if the Creek wins one of the final 2 they are the fourth place in the district.

#6 nrgrizzlies

nrgrizzlies

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,536 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:05 AM

That would be Stew Creek's reward for playing Smyrna and Overton outside the region?  Playing teams in 6a while the other two schools played somebody in 4a.

The T$$AA needs to get their head out of their rectum about this tie-breaker.

#7 sportsguy22

sportsguy22

Competitor

• Members
    • 267 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

I believe you are wrong. If they all end up 5 and 2 in the standing and 1 beat 2 and 2 beat 3 and 3 beat 1. With no head to head tie breaker scenario, in the TSSAA wonderful tie breaker it will go to non district record. And in that case, Summit and Shelbyville were 2 and 1 and Stewarts Creek was 1 and 2, Summit should be the 2 Shelbyville the 3 and Stewarts Creek the 4. I believe even if the Creek wins one of the final 2 they are the fourth place in the district.

Wrong. A three-way tie with Team A beating Team B, Team B beating Team C, and Team C beating Team A, goes to overall wins. If all three are 5-2 in this case, Shelbyville is the #2 seed with 8-2 overall record. Then, after that is determined, it reverts back to head-to-head in which case Stewarts Creek would be #3 and Summit #4. So, unless Shelbyville is shockingly upset by Columbia or Franklin County (extremely doubtful), Stewarts Creek can finish no better than #3.

#8 sportsguy22

sportsguy22

Competitor

• Members
    • 267 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Correct me if this is wrong.  If Stewie wins the final two game (this one and at Lincoln Co.)... they finish second and get a home playoff game.

If they lose to Summit, they finish 4th and have to play on the road at whoever the #1 seed is from that other 5a region?  (Cane Ridge?)

I hope Stewie can pull this off.  I went to the first varsity game ever played at Cane Ridge years ago.  If Stewie brings their band to Cane Ridge and half the amount of fans they took to the Overton game, that would be about double what the visitors side at CR holds if I recall... unless it was expanded.  Unless they could bring in some portable stands from baseball or whatever.

But first things first.  If Stewie can pull off the tall order of sweeping the last two, they would host a playoff game, right?  Even though Summit beat Shelbyville and Stewie did not, the head to head win over Summit would give Stewie the #2 seed???

Wrong. A three-way tie with Team A beating Team B, Team B beating Team C, and Team C beating Team A, goes to overall wins. If all three are 5-2 in this case, Shelbyville is the #2 seed with 8-2 overall record. Then, after that is determined, it reverts back to head-to-head in which case Stewarts Creek would be #3 and Summit #4. So, unless Shelbyville is shockingly upset by Columbia or Franklin County (extremely doubtful), Stewarts Creek can finish no better than #3.

#9 Indynation17

Indynation17

Trainer

• Members
    • 112 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

This should be a good game with a lot of rushing stats on both sides! Both teams are pretty evenly matched. Summit has a little more to play for locking up their first home playoff game and they should win a tight one. 

#10 wardawg2038

wardawg2038

Champion

• Members
    • 2,175 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:55 PM

Impressive performance by Stewart's Creek to pick up a huge win over Summit and secure the school's 1st ever playoff birth. Great team win

Spirit Style Chooser: