MyTV30 game of the week; Mount Juliet vs Franklin

MJGOLDENBEARS

In what should be the game of the week across all of 6a, this will decide the region champion. Franklin are well organized, well coached team that make very few mistakes. Their last notable win came against Wilson Central where they narrowly beat them thanks to the red zone defense by the Rebels. Mount Juliet has been on fire ever since they lost to Ravenwood, with great wins over Overton, Gallatin, and Wilson Central. Can the one dimensional power run attack of MJ defeat the stout defense of the rebels? This one should should go down to the wire. Best coaching/ strategy will win this game.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game and a great pick to put on television.

They both have close losses to a top 5A team. Franklin lost 28-24 to Centennial. Mt. Juliet lost 27-19 to Cane Ridge. Both of those teams will be in the running for a 5A title.

They both beat Antioch. Mt. Juliet 45-0. Franklin 45-7.

They both beat Wilson Central by a touchdown.

They both beat Overton. Mt. Juliet by 14. Franklin by 20.

They both played Ravenwood and had their lowest scoring games of the season. Franklin won 21-13. Mt. Juliet lost 12-7.

Non-region Mt. Juliet has beat Gallatin and Franklin has beat Riverdale and Brentwood.

As you can see they are very similar. But I probably give a slight edge to Franklin because they can beat you offensively on the ground or through the air. Whereas Mt. Juliet relies mostly on running the ball. Defensively they are both about even.

Franklin 28

Mt. Juliet 21

franklin by 14 in this one... that one dimensional crap aint gonna work vs a solid defense.. also you know how TP does in big games

Yes, he's 3-2 in "big" games this year. Not shabby, and as far as the one dimensional comment... You do realize this is high school football where it's very common for teams to be one dimensional and successful at the same time. I think zebra showed that this wasn't just a prediction for the game but more of a anti-MJ post, go drink some more haterade.

Golden bears what do you see the outcome being in what should be a great battle.

If I was to stick to my realistic mindset that I preach on here, I would say Franklin by a score. With that being said MJ has a great chance to beat Franklin after seeing what Wilson Central did to them. If Central could have converted inside Frankins 5 yard line twice, it would be a different story for the Rebels. If you look at Common opponents everything matches up evenly, with a slight edge to Franklin. The rebels are well coached and make few mistakes. MJ will need a turnover free game and very few penalties which I'm sure TP and company will make sure of come Friday night.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Yes, he's 3-2 in "big" games this year. Not shabby, and as far as the one dimensional comment... You do realize this is high school football where it's very common for teams to be one dimensional and successful at the same time. I think zebra showed that this wasn't just a prediction for the game but more of a anti-MJ post, go drink some more haterade.

in not anti MJ and if they win state so be it idc tbh... I'm anti all the MJ fans thinking they will win state every year, when in reality most likely will just choke and squander away in playoffs.. Having absolutely 0 pass game can only get you so far

in not anti MJ and if they win state so be it idc tbh... I'm anti all the MJ fans thinking they will win state every year, when in reality most likely will just choke and squander away in playoffs.. Having absolutely 0 pass game can only get you so far

I'm a realistic fan idk what or who you're referring too? Anyways we have a good shot at Franklin whether you want to believe it or not.