The new 5A Class with current enrollment numbers!

FridayMainEvent

Thinking about White County - if any school really needed a hardship waiver of some sort to move down it would be that school.  They are 80 students from the cut off for 4A.  Cumberland, Stone Mountain and Livingston who are must closer and traditional schools they would play are in 4A. 

Too bad the TSSAA doesn't consider that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will happen to Region 2/3 when you add Fulton, Gibbs, Seymour and Carter?  Guessing Seymour, Carter go with Cocke Co and Sevier Co.  Gibbs stays where they are and Fulton moves into that region. 

Sorry, didn't go back and look at page 2.  I think they will move Catholic to the Rhea Co. region and with all of the accusations, they will be forced to go D2.

Edited by devilsden

Thinking about White County - if any school really needed a hardship waiver of some sort to move down it would be that school.  They are 80 students from the cut off for 4A.  Cumberland, Stone Mountain and Livingston who are must closer and traditional schools they would play are in 4A. 

Too bad the TSSAA doesn't consider that.

That would make a lot of sense for White County. They've always been stuck between a rock and a hard place in these classification battles because of where they are located geographically.

I'm curious to see what happens with Anderson County now that there are no other Knox-area teams left in 4A (other than Union County). If AC does decide to make the move now, they'd be a natural fit for region 3. 5A could look something like this:

Region 1

TN High

Boone

Crockett

Volunteer

Cherokee

Mo East

Cocke Co

Region 2

Sevier Co

Seymour*

Carter*

Gibbs*

Fulton*

Knox Central

South Doyle

Region 3

Halls

Knox West

Campbell Co

Powell

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Anderson Co*

Karns

Region 4

Knox Catholic

Lenoir City

Rhea Co

Walker Valley

Soddy-Daisy

White Co

In that scenario, I would think another Knox team ends up in region 4 (Karns or West). Putting Catholic in region 4 is already a stretch, so who knows.

That would make a lot of sense for White County. They've always been stuck between a rock and a hard place in these classification battles because of where they are located geographically.

I'm curious to see what happens with Anderson County now that there are no other Knox-area teams left in 4A (other than Union County). If AC does decide to make the move now, they'd be a natural fit for region 3. 5A could look something like this:

Region 1

TN High

Boone

Crockett

Volunteer

Cherokee

Mo East

Cocke Co

Region 2

Sevier Co

Seymour*

Carter*

Gibbs*

Fulton*

Knox Central

South Doyle

Region 3

Halls

Knox West

Campbell Co

Powell

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Anderson Co*

Karns

Region 4

Knox Catholic

Lenoir City

Rhea Co

Walker Valley

Soddy-Daisy

White Co

In that scenario, I would think another Knox team ends up in region 4 (Karns or West). Putting Catholic in region 4 is already a stretch, so who knows.

Seems like Oak Ridge would go there before Karns or West ?????