Region 1 & 2-1A Prediction '17-'21

EastTNFBall

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be some barn burners!

TSSAA won't set the regions until everyone tells them what their doing. If Cloudland were to move up ,you would only have Unaka And Hancock. I'd say you would get 4 teams from that area. Its a domino thing and region 2 would have to get some schools from farther down the road. 

Region 8 will have 7 Memphis schools plus Middleton. The TSSAA will not separate all the Memphis schools so region 1 and 2 will probably have 5 schools in those regions. Not fair but that is the way it is. That is the logical scenario but we all know the tssaa will not use logic.

I'm counting 8 schools in the Memphis Region 8.

KIPP

Freedom Prep

Memphis Middle College

Hillcrest

Westwood

Middleton

BT Washington

Oakhaven

In the JuJu hut.....I don't have to count nothing.....I just use common sense and go from there.  Hampton, Oneida< and Happy Valley are in 2-A......I do agree it would actually benefit GB and Cloudland to more up there too because otherwise they will be known as Kings of the bottom feeders.  (don't take that wrong boys, it is quite simply where 1A is....at the bottom) :huh: I think teams have to look at two things....what makes the best sense geographically and how does your team stack up competitively.  Cloudland can easily be dominant in their current situation but if your competition is inferior during the season you aren't going to be very prepared once the play offs begin.  GB might be in virtually the same boat, except Coalfield has shown to be a consistent player in their region.  I would throw Coalfield in that lot too, but the reality is they are a really small school from a numbers standpoint.  What they do with the numbers they have is to be commended.

Kaz

The TSSAA isn't going to allow many teams to move up. Class 1A currently has 51 teams in it. They won't allow more than 1 team to go up. I really don't think they will.

I hope they stay out of the way and earn their money by making it work out....Can they stop teams from moving up?? 

I hope to see Cloudland and GB move

Edited by uknoit2

I hope they stay out of the way and earn their money by making it work out....Can they stop teams from moving up?? 

I hope to see Cloudland and GB move

i think they will try to keep it even as they can with numbers of teams per class. if a team wants to move up i believe they will start at the bottom of the next class up and see who may want to move down.