Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Anybody Moving Up in Classification?

• Please log in to reply
    23 replies to this topic

#1 TennesseeValley

TennesseeValley

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

I heard some rumors that Memphis East may move up in hoops since they are the defending 3A state champions. Any other schools thinking about making the jump???

#2 dmm88

dmm88

Competitor

• Members
    • 379 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

I would assume East moves up to AA. Them staying in A would probably make our state a big laughingstock nationally. They will question how a school with 6-7 D1 kids is dominating schools with 100-250 kids.

#3 ecu

ecu

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

I would assume East moves up to AA. Them staying in A would probably make our state a big laughingstock nationally. They will question how a school with 6-7 D1 kids is dominating schools with 100-250 kids.

Why would they not stay where they are? If you have 6 or 7 D1 kids you would want to challenge your kids every night.

#4 coachsc1985

coachsc1985

Competitor

• Members
    • 301 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

[quote name="dmm88" post="3588085" timestamp="1476904684"]

I would assume East moves up to AA. Them staying in A would probably make our state a big laughingstock nationally. They will question how a school with 6-7 D1 kids is dominating schools with 100-250 kids.[/quote

I think if they move up it's to AAA, can't see them wanting to compete in any other class but this is era of teams just trying to win state championships and not caring what level they on. But East might look at the situation and say our other sports are not AAA talent no more and stay in single A

#5 chill

chill

Champion

• CoachT+
    • 2,743 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Each individual sport can choose to move up now without other sports joining them. It would only effect boys and girls basketball.

#6 coachsc1985

coachsc1985

Competitor

• Members
    • 301 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

Each individual sport can choose to move up now without other sports joining them. It would only effect boys and girls basketball.

That's the thing is it in East girls best interest to move up or stay down?

#7 TonyG

TonyG

Competitor

• Members
    • 282 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:21 AM

If East didn't move im sure they would still schedule the good AAA school for out of division games. East not moving up would hurt the City championships the most, nobody wants to see them play BTW...ever.  If they chose not to move, which i think they will back to AAA, Cordova's my favorite for 2018 and after that the power will fall back in the hands of the respected coaches like Henning and Edwards as far as AAA.

#8 rhwillis

rhwillis

Camper

• Members
    • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

Most sports are separate. Basketball, baseball and softball are still tied together. If East moves up in basketball, they must also move up in baseball and softball.

#9 ReitzFan

ReitzFan

Champion

• Members
    • 2,337 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

Most sports are separate. Basketball, baseball and softball are still tied together. If East moves up in basketball, they must also move up in baseball and softball.

Incorrect.  If East were to move up for boys basketball, the girls would also have to move up.  Basketball and baseball/softball are not tied together. 

#10 Icy

Icy

Contender

• CoachT+
    • 953 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but East is AAA.  They have been for years.  They were AAA last year.

Spirit Style Chooser: