Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

DII-AA 2017

• Please log in to reply
    51 replies to this topic

#1 Booger

Booger

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 3,977 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

this is what your new D2-AA Regions will look like...almost bank on it....y2k posted what he thought the new D2-AA would look like in another thread a Booger says he is spot on...only ones that could change this look is BA and Ensworth.....if they decide to play up and Booger dont think they will this first run; nothing changes...besides, why in the heck would they move up; Booger wouldnt.....they may could possibly move USJ over to the Middle Region if they do move; but just dont see them adding that additional hour on to USJ travels...TSSAA or lobying BA and Ensworth too hard with something to stay put.....it monkey wrenches the setup in the AAA and AA regions to much.......

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

D2-AA

West Region

St. Georges Independent School 389

Evangelical Christian School 365

Lausanne Collegiate School 365

Harden Academy 327

University School of Jackson 312

First Assembly Christian School 305

North Point Christian School 297

Middle Region

Lipscomb Academy Nashville 518

Brentwood Academy 497

Ensworth High School 463

Christ Presbyterian Academy Nashville 449

University School of Nashville 390

Goodpasture Christian School 311

Battle Ground Academy 364

Franklin Road Academy 266

East Region

Chattanooga Christian School Chattanooga 458

Webb School of Knoxville 449

Notre Dame High School Chattanooga 419

Christian Academy of Knoxville 400

Grace Christian Academy Knoxville 316

Boyd Buchanan High School Chattanooga 292

Silverdale Baptist Academy Chattanooga 279

Edited by Booger, 20 October 2016 - 06:49 AM.

STATE CHAMPIONS: Not Yet; but we were 3rd 3x......but we still have prayer at school and can say the Pledge of Allegiance

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on to them to do the same. 40th President of the United States

#2 youthsportsPIX

youthsportsPIX

Competitor

• Members
    • 377 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

Goodpasture is in Middle TN and not sure if that would work.  If in the East the closest district/regional matchup would be over 90 minutes away.  

I could see something like this...

D2-AA

West Region 7 TEAMS

Harden Academy 327

Middle Region 7 TEAMS

Goodpasture Christian School Madison 311

University School of Nashville 390 (No FB)

Nashville Christian 2??

East Region 7 TEAMS

Edited by youthsportsPIX, 19 October 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#3 baylorbigdog1976

baylorbigdog1976

Contender

• Members
    • 917 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

My fear with this is simply from a fan of football - this years BA team and most years would run through every game in this setup like a hot knife through butter.

BGA has declined in football since they left the top division in D2 as far as I am concerned - BA or Ensworth unless something changes in the talent pool would win the next 100 state championships

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

this is what your new D2-AA Regions will look like...almost bank on it....y2k posted what he thought the new D2-AA would look like in another thread a Booger says he is spot on...only ones that could change this look is BA and Ensworth.....if they decide to play up and Booger dont think they will this first run; nothing changes...besides, why in the heck would they move up; Booger wouldnt.....they may could possibly move USJ over to the Middle Region if they do move; but just dont see them adding that additional hour on to USJ travels...TSSAA or lobying BA and Ensworth too hard with something to stay put.....it monkey wrenches the setup in the AAA and AA regions to much.......

Booger just sayin :thumb:

D2-AA
    West Region
    Harden Academy 327

Middle Region
    Brentwood Academy 497
    Ensworth High School 463

East Region

#4 Spartan4Life

Spartan4Life

Challenger

• Members
    • 565 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

My fear with this is simply from a fan of football - this years BA team and most years would run through every game in this setup like a hot knife through butter.

BGA has declined in football since they left the top division in D2 as far as I am concerned - BA or Ensworth unless something changes in the talent pool would win the next 100 state championships

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

As presently sitting yes they would be the favorites to win every year. I'm sure some of these teams would step up their game and level of athletes in the school in order to eventually compete. BA and Ensworth could win state in the biggest of divisions public or private it seems they would be bored most games if playing in this region as presently constructed.

I hate it for the bigger schools though. I would like to see more than 9 teams in a division. Wish Catholic had come over and 2 or 3 others played with the big boys just to make it more exciting for everyone in that division.

Hopefully the smaller privates will schedule at least one big private each. I'd like to see that.

Edited by Spartan4Life, 19 October 2016 - 04:34 PM.

8-Time State Champions- 1981,1996, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
    2-Time State Runner Up. 1997, 2005

#5 eers

eers

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,682 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

I still believe that three class in DII is too many. Make it 2 classes with the cutoff around 400. I know a lot of people would hate it and wouldn't have went DII, but I could see it happening in four years. 9-10 teams playing for a state championship is ridiculous, that's in essence nothing more than a Super Region.

#6 bcd

bcd

Competitor

• Members
    • 264 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:26 PM

I just don't see anyway this doesn't suck... BA and Ensworth are excellent programs, always in the national eye and exciting to watch every year. I like that they are good, but I don't think CPA's football coaching staff has any interest in recruiting. Given that, it'll be the rare year, like last that we'll be competitive...

#7 RedRobin1

RedRobin1

Competitor

• CoachT+
    • 297 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

I just don't see anyway this doesn't suck... BA and Ensworth are excellent programs, always in the national eye and exciting to watch every year. I like that they are good, but I don't think CPA's football coaching staff has any interest in recruiting. Given that, it'll be the rare year, like last that we'll be competitive...

Soooooo........a CPA fan is outright accusing Ensworth and BA of recruiting?????   :roflol:   You do know that the TSSAA rules prohibit recruiting, even in the wild world of D2???  My guess is that certainly Ensworth and most likely BA will move up, so you will likely need to turn your evil eye towards Webb in Knoxville.

#8 Booger

Booger

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 3,977 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

Goodpasture is in Middle TN and not sure if that would work.  If in the East the closest district/regional matchup would be over 90 minutes away.  

I could see something like this...

D2-AA

West Region 7 TEAMS

Harden Academy 327

Middle Region 7 TEAMS

Nashville Christian 2??

East Region 7 TEAMS

that is a booboo on Boogers part.....you r correct sir and the err has been corrected

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

STATE CHAMPIONS: Not Yet; but we were 3rd 3x......but we still have prayer at school and can say the Pledge of Allegiance

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on to them to do the same. 40th President of the United States

#9 Booger

Booger

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 3,977 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:55 AM

you ladys will soon b placin the Fighting Irish into those BA and Ensworth conversations

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

#10 SundayRivers

SundayRivers

Manager

• Members
    • 27 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:37 AM

Soooooo........a CPA fan is outright accusing Ensworth and BA of recruiting????? :roflol: You do know that the TSSAA rules prohibit recruiting, even in the wild world of D2??? My guess is that certainly Ensworth and most likely BA will move up, so you will likely need to turn your evil eye towards Webb in Knoxville.

OR.... it's an admission that CPA has recruited in these past several years that they've been competitive in D1!!!!
    Well, well, well.... LOL!

Spirit Style Chooser: