Dobyns Bennett at Science Hill

DBGRAD70

Both of these teams have improved! This DB team is tough and they never give up! Injuries or a loss of a key player like Wadsworth, can make a difference in a game as we saw with a similar situation against WB. DB's line may be one of the best run blocking teams in the State, and their balance between run and pass could be the difference in these two teams! DB needs to just be decent against the pass to be successful on Defense! this should be a good one to watch, just a bad place to watch it! SH has a poorly designed stadium to watch a game, I do not think there is a good seat in the house!

When I went there the seats were nice. They were just too far away from the sacred turf across the sacred track. :huh:  Better than HVA.

When I went there the seats were nice. They were just too far away from the sacred turf across the sacred track. :huh: Better than HVA.

SH has the better facility compared to HVA but similar in distance from the field! They could have made the stadium better with better rise in the stands! They went cheap and took the angle of the Hill rather than going up with a better angle! Miserable place to watch a game, and I have sat in just about every possible location on home and visitors side, and it is not good at any location! We may be spoiled at J Fred, but most schools in the district have a better view from the stands, even WB and Bearden who only have one set of stands but a good view of the game. BC was a good venue, and good atmosphere, but the announcer is annoying!

Both of these teams have improved! This DB team is tough and they never give up! Injuries or a loss of a key player like Wadsworth, can make a difference in a game as we saw with a similar situation against WB. DB's line may be one of the best run blocking teams in the State, and their balance between run and pass could be the difference in these two teams! DB needs to just be decent against the pass to be successful on Defense! this should be a good one to watch, just a bad place to watch it! SH has a poorly designed stadium to watch a game, I do not think there is a good seat in the house!

Why don't you stick to the X's & O's and stop whining?

I can't say enough that I want these seniors to go out with a win over SH.I've still got grass from the last SH - DB game played before their new stadium over there.A DB victory !.....I still contend that had the right moves been made, DB would have had 100-150 players and maybe sitting undefeated at this point.You never know where you have a weak link until you start playing great teams that are 100% .DB hasn't played such a team yet.They played a great team that was playing two 9th graders much of the game at  linebacker.Just like next years weak conference,it's a false measure of your team until you run up against a team in the playoffs that has a great coach,strength program and the same type of athletes to boot.DB should have still been sitting with no more then one loss , even after the mess that has taken place over the last several years.

I can't say enough that I want these seniors to go out with a win over SH.I've still got grass from the last SH - DB game played before their new stadium over there.A DB victory !.....I still contend that had the right moves been made, DB would have had 100-150 players and maybe sitting undefeated at this point.You never know where you have a weak link until you start playing great teams that are 100% .DB hasn't played such a team yet.They played a great team that was playing two 9th graders much of the game at  linebacker.Just like next years weak conference,it's a false measure of your team until you run up against a team in the playoffs that has a great coach,strength program and the same type of athletes to boot.DB should have still been sitting with no more then one loss , even after the mess that has taken place over the last several years.

Yeah but Barney and Aunt Bee has gotten a lot of air time. We can say that.

Yeah but Barney and Aunt Bee has gotten a lot of air time. We can say that.

I've got netflix and can watch all the Andy I want now .A quality coached high school team with players that are happy and want to travel and play for them,that's a little harder to find in NET.It's like watching tv when Andy came on live.You didn't have but a very few options.

Edited by BatmanDB

The key to SH this year is their run game. They've got 2 very good sophomore running backs, #25 and #26. Both kids have great vision, hit the hole quick and are fast. They don't throw the ball around a lot because their quarterback is a much bigger threat when they turn him loose and let him run. He's getting a little better every week but he's just not very consistent at this stage. Looks great throwing the ball one week and not very good at all the next. Probably doesn't help that the Toppers don't have many threats at wide receiver. Best player on the team is #5. He plays both ways, defensive end and tight end. He's big, strong and has a mean streak in him. I've heard he has several D1 offers. I think the game this year will be close. Neither team is all that impressive but considering this is a big rivalry game I think we'll see the best effort of both teams.