Dobyns Bennett at Science Hill

DBGRAD70

Home field advantage won't play a big role imo. DB will have just as many fans there as SH will, maybe more. Everyone knows SH fans won't show up if it's cold out or raining. Which is a shame because Carter has completely turned that program around and I hear they're only going to get better over the next few years. They're a fairly young team this year and I hear those freshman and 8th grade teams are stocked full of talent, especially the freshman team.

Edited by WBNC83

Home field advantage won't play a big role imo. DB will have just as many fans there as SH will, maybe more. Everyone knows SH fans won't show up if it's cold out or raining. Which is a shame because Carter has completely turned that program around and I hear they're only going to get better over the next few years. They're a fairly young team this year and I hear those freshman and 8th grade teams are stocked full of talent, especially the freshman team.

DB has some good ones coming up as well! They were 2-0 against the Hill Freshman this year! All the other teams they played this year were JV teams with the only loss being against Elizabethton JV. Second time around DB revenged the loss to the Betsy JV. The JV team only has one loss and that loss was to The Elizabethton JV, so they were 1-1 with Betsy as well. The DB JV also beat SH but the second game was canceled by SH due to a Soccer Game being played on their home field! Should be some good games over the next few years.

DB has some good ones coming up as well! They were 2-0 against the Hill Freshman this year! All the other teams they played this year were JV teams with the only loss being against Elizabethton JV. Second time around DB revenged the loss to the Betsy JV. The JV team only has one loss and that loss was to The Elizabethton JV, so they were 1-1 with Betsy as well. The DB JV also beat SH but the second game was canceled by SH due to a Soccer Game being played on their home field! Should be some good games over the next few years.

SHHS dominated everyone as 8th graders. SHHS struggled this year. The dominant running back had a high ankle sprain that happened in the first scrimmage and slowed him all year. They also had another kid out all season with a ACL tear that plays both ways and dominated on defense that was missed on the field playing and leadership. This group is special and will see alot of playing time next year at the varsity level. They will be very good JR & SR years with the other classes around them.

SHHS dominated everyone as 8th graders. SHHS struggled this year. The dominant running back had a high ankle sprain that happened in the first scrimmage and slowed him all year. They also had another kid out all season with a ACL tear that plays both ways and dominated on defense that was missed on the field playing and leadership. This group is special and will see alot of playing time next year at the varsity level. They will be very good JR & SR years with the other classes around them.

" This group is special"  I'd like to have a nickle for every time I've heard that from someone living in upper east tn.  Only to get beat 48-0 by Maryville when that special group gets to be seniors.

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Upvote 1

Good luck Tribe. Love to see a Middle TN team come up here and show everyone just how great football is down there. They might get a surprise. The stadium alone is a little intimidating.

You don't have to leave east TN to find out what great football is like.The most dominant teams in at least three classification's for many years have been from this end of the state.Maryville 6A.Fulton-Greeneville - Catholic 4A.Alcoa 3A .Should have added Knox Webb for their great success in division llA . Edited by BatmanDB