William Blount hosts Bradley Central

Governm

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If WB wins this game then I'd say there is a true competition for ranking coaches from the 2nd best to the worst in the conference.I think BC opens it up more because the young man has had a couple weeks of practice and this is not Maryville.

If they want to win, they'll open the playbook again. Whatever this was we ran Thursday would not even beat WB.

#27 for WB has been suprisingly quiet this year. During the preseason, he looked explosive and primed for a big year, but we havent seen many explosive plays from him since the first half of the DB game. Part of the reason for that is he was bothered by an ankle injury for a few games and another part is that defenses know he is dangerous and are selling out to stop him. Last year, he had one of his best games against Bradley Central. I'd like to think he'll really turn it up this week because he is a senior and this will be his last home game.

Edited by Governors91

If they want to win, they'll open the playbook again. Whatever this was we ran Thursday would not even beat WB.

Well,WB beat DB and having players prepared at every position and ready to come into the game should be @ the top of the list after getting the starters prepared.It's all about matchups in the playoffs.I think your team will be hard to beat for all but A few when at full strength.I think if I were betting this week,you win by 2 or 3 touchdowns

Well,WB beat DB and having players prepared at every position and ready to come into the game should be @ the top of the list after getting the starters prepared.It's all about matchups in the playoffs.I think your team will be hard to beat for all but A few when at full strength.I think if I were betting this week,you win by 2 or 3 touchdowns

As i've said before, WB's most explosive player on offense sat on the bench for a good portion of the DB game with an ankle injury. He has played in every game, but was really limited in some games and the offense suffered. If he had been completely healthy the Govs would have probably beaten Jeff Co and Bearden.

The moral of the story is most teams outside of Maryville are one key injury away from having a really bad time. True, you should have backups ready to play, but it is really hard to replace your best athlete on the team. That is what all three teams have had to deal with this year. It would be like if Tennessee lost Josh Dobbs. If he got hurt, they would be up shat creek without a paddle.

Edited by Governors91

What does it say about a football community when they are not satisfied with 6-4 or 7-3? Or they are satisfied with 6-4 or 7-3?

If they aren't satisfied with it they are spoiled and don't realize how much better it is to have a winning season than a losing season, much less a decade of losing.

I don't know. Who isn't satisfied with their record?

Nobody and everybody. I've read more than a few posts from supporters who appear very disappointed in their team's execution, coaching, play calling, desire, etc. Maybe it's simply a vocal minority that wants try to do what it takes to win more. Are most school's fans satisfied 6-7 wins? Or even 3-4 wins?