Trinity Christian at Jackson Christian........Huge game

ReitzFan

It's hard  to believe that 10 weeks of the high school football season are already in the books.  For many, this coming Friday night will be the last time they ever set foot on a football field as a player.  The time goes way too fast.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand.  TCA invades Jackson Christian this coming Friday night.  At stake is a first round playoff game at home.  The winner of this game will host either Riverside or Scotts Hill (the later provided Hickman Co. defeats Lewis Co.)  The vanquished will have to travel to one of three possible opponents including Waverly, Lewis Co., or Riverside (the later provided Hickman Co. defeats Lewis Co.).

TCA will limp into this game as three front line starters were injured and did not play in the Scotts Hill  game.  Jackson Christian comes in on the heels of a solid thumping of Gibson County. 

Two neighborhood rivals hook it up one more time in the last region game between these two before JC heads back to D2 next season. 

What say you the faithful Lion or Eagle poster?  What about you the football fan in general?  How do you see this game shaking out?

Edited by ReitzFan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to harp on injury's, because at this late stage of the season most every team is limping a little. I do understand that TCA is a young team. However, I do believe I heard Coach Roland say, that not one JC O lineman was over 15. However, when they have been matched up with an opponent that's not a State powerhouse, they have fared well. JC none region schedule has been as tough as anyone's in the state. Will that experience help our very young line? I don't know. What I do know is, TCA wants to win just as bad as us, and they will give it 100% and never give up. They're also very well coached and   if TCA can contain our QB,  it will be a long night for us, and I'll have to find a new Sunday School Class. lol... Now, the Wife and I, are going out of town for a few days to enjoy the Fall foliage and there is no cell service or internet. So I just want to say, if we lose, than I'm just glad it's to Trinity and I have a lot of respect for the School, Players and Fans. ...Go Eagles! 

I'm not going to harp on injury's, because at this late stage of the season most every team is limping a little. I do understand that TCA is a young team. However, I do believe I heard Coach Roland say, that not one JC O lineman was over 15. However, when they have been matched up with an opponent that's not a State powerhouse, they have fared well. JC none region schedule has been as tough as anyone's in the state. Will that experience help our very young line? I don't know. What I do know is, TCA wants to win just as bad as us, and they will give it 100% and never give up. They're also very well coached and if TCA can contain our QB, it will be a long night for us, and I'll have to find a new Sunday School Class. lol... Now, the Wife and I, are going out of town for a few days to enjoy the Fall foliage and there is no cell service or internet. So I just want to say, if we lose, than I'm just glad it's to Trinity and I have a lot of respect for the School, Players and Fans. ...Go Eagles!

when your starting QB starting linebacker and starting offense and defensive lineman miss the game last week Iwill harp on that. In 2a football and team of 33 kids it is huge. If that was JC it would be a little more than limping. Do I say that as an excuse no just a fact. As far as the game it could go either way. With young teams never know who will show up. Curious to see how practice goes that is a big indicator Edited by BigEdMo

when your starting QB starting linebacker and starting offense and defensive lineman miss the game last week Iwill harp on that. In 2a football and team of 33 kids it is huge. If that was JC it would be a little more than limping. Do I say that as an excuse no just a fact. As far as the game it could go either way. With young teams never know who will show up. Curious to see how practice goes that is a big indicator

I agree EdMo, if Buehler was out JC would be done and wouldn't have a chance. No doubt, everyone has injuries this time of the year but if depends on WHO is injured. If all the key players are there for both teams it will be a heck of a game!

Wish i could listen in Friday night, but we will be over in halls. Im very curious to see how this game plays out.

Hippie Radio 105.3, the station that carries TCA games, can be heard in Halls.  When I called the TCA and Halls game, my fiancé had to stay in the car cause of a foot injury.  She listened to me on our car radio.  I also picked up the station in the press box with a portable radio.  Take your radio to Halls and enjoy the TCA and JC game.

Hippie Radio 105.3, the station that carries TCA games, can be heard in Halls.  When I called the TCA and Halls game, my fiancé had to stay in the car cause of a foot injury.  She listened to me on our car radio.  I also picked up the station in the press box with a portable radio.  Take your radio to Halls and enjoy the TCA and JC game.

Good to know Reitz. Ill tune in