Mount Juliet at Mcgavock

MJGOLDENBEARS

This Thursday night showdown will be against a "good" team, quoted by TP. He was probably a little to friendly with that comment but as a coach you have to make appropriate gestures toward your opponents. With Mcgavock losing 19-2 to one of the worst teams I have witnessed in a long while (Antioch) I have no faith in them. I watched MJ absolutely dominate a lackluster Antioch team, as I counted less than 50 total players for the Bears of Antioch. This week MJ should comfortably gain home field advantage through the quarterfinals and take home the Region Championship. Running clock.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I guess anything can happen....

I remember in 2012 an 0-9 Lebanon team beat Hendersonville 13-7 and kept them from making the playoffs.

I can't remember the teams but a few years back there was a 8-1 team lose to a 1-8 team the final game of the year and it cost them the region. I'm wanting to say it was one of the Murfreesboro teams.

I guess anything can happen....

I remember in 2012 an 0-9 Lebanon team beat Hendersonville 13-7 and kept them from making the playoffs.

I can't remember the teams but a few years back there was a 8-1 team lose to a 1-8 team the final game of the year and it cost them the region. I'm wanting to say it was one of the Murfreesboro teams.

All very valid points. All the more reason to respect your opponent good or bad record. Anything can, and sometimes will happen.