Alcoa at CAK

Govolsknox

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fist let me say that I hate that Cole Smith was injured. What a great player. I hope he is able to recover and play College ball if that what he wants to do. Prayers for him.

I don't know what CAK will look like without Cole Smith. Will there be a big drop off between Smith and #2 QB?

Fist let me say that I hate that Cole Smith was injured. What a great player. I hope he is able to recover and play College ball if that what he wants to do. Prayers for him.

I don't know what CAK will look like without Cole Smith. Will there be a big drop off between Smith and #2 QB?

Alcoa will be ready for the Warriors. Expect Alcoa to win big.

I'd say they'll look about the same.

a4e63ec63d20294df8e156db3a49f81e.jpg

I didn't even realize that he had got injured. I was watching the stream when he got the record but was listening to Oneida vs Harriman, plus was watching tv too, flipped back to the game and it had went final.

I'm not sure if I've seen Shuler play, I read he's played in 7 games.

“West is a kid who has been a quarterback coming through all this," Mozingo said. "He’s got a little bit of a pedigree there. He’s been trained. He’s about as level headed of a kid as I’ve been around. We’re going to get him started. We’re confident in him. He’s a junior. We’re confident in him, and importantly he’s confident in himself.

If you've watched some CAK games this year, you've seen him play, but not much at QB.  He's the ILB (#14) you've seen clobbering people all year on D.  He led the team in tackles last year and probably is among the leaders this year.  This year, when the team goes into mop-up duty, they've typically inserted the 3 QB because #14 is so valuable on D they don't want to take any unnecessary risks that might affect the D.

He has played some at QB and has done very well, including a 40+ yard pass completion.  You've probably also seen him barreling into the end zone for TD's and 2-point conversions as the QB in the team's jumbo/short yardage package.  He has good size, is very strong, and has a good arm.

In terms of what CAK's offense will look like (which another poster asked), my guess is it will look pretty much like the offense we've seen most of the year, except with a less experienced but still very capable and football-savvy QB running it.  This game is certainly going to be a big challenge for the Warriors.  But, for anybody predicting a one-sided beatdown in this game, they might be in for a surprise.  I think this Warriors team has the potential to give the F5 a battle.

I didn't even realize that he had got injured. I was watching the stream when he got the record but was listening to Oneida vs Harriman, plus was watching tv too, flipped back to the game and it had went final.

I'm not sure if I've seen Shuler play, I read he's played in 7 games.

“West is a kid who has been a quarterback coming through all this," Mozingo said. "He’s got a little bit of a pedigree there. He’s been trained. He’s about as level headed of a kid as I’ve been around. We’re going to get him started. We’re confident in him. He’s a junior. We’re confident in him, and importantly he’s confident in himself.

If you've watched some CAK games this year, you've seen him play, but not much at QB.  He's the ILB (#14) you've seen clobbering people all year on D.  He led the team in tackles last year and probably is among the leaders this year.  This year, when the team goes into mop-up duty, they've typically inserted the 3 QB because #14 is so valuable on D they don't want to take any unnecessary risks that might affect the D.

He has played some at QB and has done very well, including a 40+ yard pass completion.  You've probably also seen him barreling into the end zone for TD's and 2-point conversions as the QB in the team's jumbo/short yardage package.  He has good size, is very strong, and has a good arm.

In terms of what CAK's offense will look like (which another poster asked), my guess is it will look pretty much like the offense we've seen most of the year, except with a less experienced but still very capable and football-savvy QB running it.  This game is certainly going to be a big challenge for the Warriors.  But, for anybody predicting a one-sided beatdown in this game, they might be in for a surprise.  I think this Warriors team has the potential to give the F5 a battle.

I was looking at some highlights last night and realized who he was. He's a beast at ILB. One site has him listed as 5'11 185, another 6 foot 205, lol he looks bigger than that with a lot of speed and strength to match. I saw him make some monster hits! It's a tough call pulling him from ILB unless there's someone that can almost match his play ability. It's kind of like Sellers having to fill in for Hall at QB for Scott the first half of the year, you don't want to get him hurt playing both ways but with the talent level it's hard not to want to but if he gets injured you have to fill 2 positions again. If he can throw 3/4s as good as Smith and run the way he looks like he's capable of I don't see much of any drop off, maybe they'll just have to switch up the play calls slightly but then again like you said maybe not.

I'll be watching the stream if it's on nfhs. I'm not going to lie and say I don't think that Alcoa wins, I think they "should" imho but if CAK can somehow slow their scoring machine down and put some points up it's possible. I know Alcoa thumbed Webb 38-13 and CAK lost to them by 2 in a higher scoring game 35-33 game. Webb really surprised me when I watched them play Oak Ridge, and it it weren't for the OR pick 6 and punt block TD Webb would've won thatway easier. I know you can throw score comparisons out the window in a rivalry but Alcoa is just too much to handle. 

42-21 F5.

Edited by TheOgre78