Marion Co @ Polk Co (That Beard against that Mustache)

Southtowner

This will be a very ugly senior night for Polk County. They showed improvement this season. 0-10, 0-10, 3-7. I believe next year they will be back over .500 again.

They did better than I expected after seeing them in the preseason.But we also are a little better than I expected.Still see Marion with a running clock!

If the Polk teams of old ever return to that region people better watch out. Polk has been 2A again the last few years. They are staying down the next four as well. If they replicate what they had a few years ago in 3A they will be major players in 2A in the future.

Dont think those teams are the norm for Benton. They had a few good years for Polk and had a lot of good athletes. Dont think you can expect that very often up there.

Remember them coming and thumping a state team 42-6 or something like that

That was up there where they had those retro looking red and black uniforms.  They looked like the flying monkeys from Oz tossing the innards out of Scarecrow when they got itnt our offensive backfield.  Our team wasn't exactly slow either.