LazIndex 6A Rankings Week 11

LazIndexTN

6A

2 (1) OAKLAND (Murfreesboro) ; Rating:  1.854 ; Power: 146.71 ; Sched. Rank: 31 (19)

3 (2) MARYVILLE ; Rating:  1.850 ; Power: 141.90 ; Sched. Rank: 13 (5)

7 (3) WHITEHAVEN (Memphis) ; Rating:  1.706 ; Power: 135.86 ; Sched. Rank: 64 (27)

10 (4) BRADLEY CENTRAL (Cleveland) ; Rating:  1.658 ; Power: 132.73 ; Sched. Rank: 7 (1)

16 (5) CORDOVA ; Rating:  1.592 ; Power: 127.08 ; Sched. Rank: 126 (32)

17 (6) FRANKLIN ; Rating:  1.579 ; Power: 129.09 ; Sched. Rank: 20 (11)

22 (7) MT. JULIET ; Rating:  1.549 ; Power: 126.72 ; Sched. Rank: 32 (20)

25 (8) HARDIN VALLEY (Knoxville) ; Rating:  1.541 ; Power: 125.69 ; Sched. Rank: 47 (23)

26 (9) BLACKMAN (Murfreesboro) ; Rating:  1.528 ; Power: 127.66 ; Sched. Rank: 16 (8)

31 (10) SMYRNA ; Rating:  1.505 ; Power: 130.14 ; Sched. Rank: 50 (24)

32 (11) WILSON CENTRAL (Lebanon) ; Rating:  1.503 ; Power: 124.86 ; Sched. Rank: 63 (26)

43 (12) SCIENCE HILL (Johnson City) ; Rating:  1.454 ; Power: 120.88 ; Sched. Rank: 15 (7)

45 (13) RIVERDALE (Murfreesboro) ; Rating:  1.453 ; Power: 126.57 ; Sched. Rank: 14 (6)

48 (14) NASHVILLE JOHN OVERTON ; Rating:  1.446 ; Power: 123.09 ; Sched. Rank: 45 (22)

52 (15) WHITE STATION (Memphis) ; Rating:  1.422 ; Power: 126.16 ; Sched. Rank: 29 (17)

55 (16) DOBYNS BENNETT (Kingsport) ; Rating:  1.418 ; Power: 123.29 ; Sched. Rank: 24 (13)

99 (17) ARLINGTON ; Rating:  1.278 ; Power: 116.50 ; Sched. Rank: 104 (30)

100 (18) RAVENWOOD (Brentwood) ; Rating:  1.278 ; Power: 116.35 ; Sched. Rank: 28 (16)

104 (19) COOKEVILLE ; Rating:  1.262 ; Power: 114.10 ; Sched. Rank: 85 (29)

110 (20) BEARDEN (Knoxville) ; Rating:  1.245 ; Power: 114.84 ; Sched. Rank: 17 (9)

113 (21) COLLIERVILLE ; Rating:  1.221 ; Power: 115.21 ; Sched. Rank: 59 (25)

114 (22) HOUSTON (Germantown) ; Rating:  1.221 ; Power: 110.13 ; Sched. Rank: 21 (12)

119 (23) JEFFERSON COUNTY (Dandridge) ; Rating:  1.210 ; Power: 110.39 ; Sched. Rank: 10 (3)

123 (24) SIEGEL (Murfreesboro) ; Rating:  1.196 ; Power: 116.40 ; Sched. Rank: 9 (2)

143 (25) WILLIAM BLOUNT (Maryville) ; Rating:  1.141 ; Power: 108.56 ; Sched. Rank: 12 (4)

165 (26) ANTIOCH ; Rating:  1.084 ; Power: 101.98 ; Sched. Rank: 30 (18)

172 (27) GERMANTOWN ; Rating:  1.060 ; Power: 105.59 ; Sched. Rank: 25 (14)

194 (28) BARTLETT ; Rating:  0.990 ; Power: 98.81 ; Sched. Rank: 120 (31)

196 (29) WARREN COUNTY (McMinnville) ; Rating:  0.989 ; Power: 99.85 ; Sched. Rank: 38 (21)

198 (30) COFFEE COUNTY (Manchester) ; Rating:  0.983 ; Power: 102.22 ; Sched. Rank: 18 (10)

207 (31) McGAVOCK (Nashville) ; Rating:  0.970 ; Power: 101.22 ; Sched. Rank: 27 (15)

248 (32) LEBANON ; Rating:  0.843 ; Power: 92.21 ; Sched. Rank: 73 (28)

Hahaha ranking Franklin ahead of MJ, after MJ hands Franklin a loss last week? That's like ordering a cheeseburger without the cheese, doesn't make sense.

It is because of the strength of schedule and the spreads in common opponent games.  For instance, Franklin beat Ravenwood while Mt. Juliet lost to them.  Can't discount the other 8 games that they've played this season.  They may meet again in the playoffs and we'll see what happens, but admittedly, Mt. Juliet has been tough to read this year because sometimes they will dominate and other times they will not.  They are playing well this year and that Franklin game was very close and an even matchup.  They are so close in the rankings though and I think it was demonstrated this past week in the game that they played.  Remember this is the culmination of all games played, not just one game.  For instance, do you believe that Penn State should be rated ahead of Ohio State now that they won this weekend?  Should North Carolina be ranked ahead of FSU?  Should 4-3 Cal be ranked ahead of 7-1 Utah just because they beat them?  Rankings cannot be based solely off of head to head, there would always be a way to show that someone is better when it's not really the case, they were just better on that particular day. 

If head to head was the only factor then I could prove that Maryville College was better than University of Tennessee.  Don't believe me, check out www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com and check it out.

It is because of the strength of schedule and the spreads in common opponent games. For instance, Franklin beat Ravenwood while Mt. Juliet lost to them. Can't discount the other 8 games that they've played this season. They may meet again in the playoffs and we'll see what happens, but admittedly, Mt. Juliet has been tough to read this year because sometimes they will dominate and other times they will not. They are playing well this year and that Franklin game was very close and an even matchup. They are so close in the rankings though and I think it was demonstrated this past week in the game that they played. Remember this is the culmination of all games played, not just one game. For instance, do you believe that Penn State should be rated ahead of Ohio State now that they won this weekend? Should North Carolina be ranked ahead of FSU? Should 4-3 Cal be ranked ahead of 7-1 Utah just because they beat them? Rankings cannot be based solely off of head to head, there would always be a way to show that someone is better when it's not really the case, they were just better on that particular day.

If head to head was the only factor then I could prove that Maryville College was better than University of Tennessee. Don't believe me, check out www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com and check it out.

Ok apparently you enjoy talking down to people as if they are beneath your intelligence. MJ has quality wins over Gallatin, Franklin, Wilson Central, and Overton. While Franklin has beat Wilson Central, Overton, a decent Riverdale team, a decent Ravenwood team, and yet another decent Brentwood team. MJ holds the head to head victory over Franklin, that should be enough. The only blemish for MJ is the loss to Ravenwood, either way they're both great teams. I just thought it was comical the Rebels are a spot ahead of the team they just lost to.

Ok apparently you enjoy talking down to people as if they are beneath your intelligence. MJ has quality wins over Gallatin, Franklin, Wilson Central, and Overton. While Franklin has beat Wilson Central, Overton, a decent Riverdale team, a decent Ravenwood team, and yet another decent Brentwood team. MJ holds the head to head victory over Franklin, that should be enough. The only blemish for MJ is the loss to Ravenwood, either way they're both great teams. I just thought it was comical the Rebels are a spot ahead of the team they just lost to.

I in no way was talking down to you nor anyone. Just simply trying to explain why numbers work out a certain way. There was nothing condescending in my response to you and I am truly sorry that it was taken that way. I'm sorry that we cannot agree on this. My response was filled with facts and data, I am so confused as to how it was taken as an insult. Genuinely I say to you that I am sorry. I actually pull for Mt. Juliet because a buddy of mine at work is an alum. Hopefully you checked out that site as it is interesting and shows how head to head matchups don't reflect an entire season, just one night where a team played better. It's kind of like last season when Alabama lost to Ole Miss then went on to win a National Championship. Should Ole Miss have been ranked ahead of them? Not trying to be rude, I am genuinely asking?

I in no way was talking down to you nor anyone. Just simply trying to explain why numbers work out a certain way. There was nothing condescending in my response to you and I am truly sorry that it was taken that way. I'm sorry that we cannot agree on this. My response was filled with facts and data, I am so confused as to how it was taken as an insult. Genuinely I say to you that I am sorry. I actually pull for Mt. Juliet because a buddy of mine at work is an alum. Hopefully you checked out that site as it is interesting and shows how head to head matchups don't reflect an entire season, just one night where a team played better. It's kind of like last season when Alabama lost to Ole Miss then went on to win a National Championship. Should Ole Miss have been ranked ahead of them? Not trying to be rude, I am genuinely asking?

From my perspective, I look at quality wins and obviously head to head record when comparing teams rankings. It just seems MJ has to take the nod.

From my perspective, I look at quality wins and obviously head to head record when comparing teams rankings. It just seems MJ has to take the nod.

I can definitely see that point, and can agree with that perspective as well. The schedules and point differentials tell a little different story is all. It is a very minuscule difference in rating at that, they are so close that they could flip flop next week. Both Franklin and MJ play the two worst teams in 6A this week so it will depend on the outcome of those games.

I can definitely see that point, and can agree with that perspective as well. The schedules and point differentials tell a little different story is all. It is a very minuscule difference in rating at that, they are so close that they could flip flop next week. Both Franklin and MJ play the two worst teams in 6A this week so it will depend on the outcome of those games.

Just funny, that's all... Not a major concern of mine lol

Well if whitehaven beats undefeated cordova we should jump to #1 then rite??? Smh

How would that make sense, you have to beat to beat one or two to achieve that goal. Not number 5 also keep in mind you all have the worst schedule rank in the top 10 lol we will find out in the playoffs how good Whitehaven is. I want one rematch more than anything though, MJ vs Whitehaven would be fun.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Dude how many rematches does MJ need to prove they still can't beat da haven??? Yall gotta get there first then you come talk...they say it changes, cordova is a strong team, undefeated so I just want to see this so called rating system at work...if the top 2 play teams with worse records than cordova they should fall rite? Yea....another MJ rematch with da haven!!! That's hilarious....bye felecia

Dude how many rematches does MJ need to prove they still can't beat da haven??? Yall gotta get there first then you come talk...they say it changes, cordova is a strong team, undefeated so I just want to see this so called rating system at work...if the top 2 play teams with worse records than cordova they should fall rite? Yea....another MJ rematch with da haven!!! That's hilarious....bye felecia

You mad? How did I know you would bring up the past? I'm on the current right now fool.