Did Any 1-2A Teams Request To Move Up

TheAmbassador

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any appeal working. They will not let any region only have 4 teams and all 4 go to the playoffs. Every region will have 5 or more teams.

4 teams going is too many in reality.  From 1969 to 72 only 4 teams went.  From 1974 through 1977 only 8 teams went.  Then from 1978 through 1984, 16 teams went (1 from each of 16 districts, 2 districts per region).  Then it went to 32 teams from 1985 through 92 or 93 with 1st and 2nd place teams making it from each district.  This was during the A, AA and AAA era.  Maybe region champs should get a bye and 2nd and 3rd place teams square off in the 1st round. 

4 teams going is too many in reality. From 1969 to 72 only 4 teams went. From 1974 through 1977 only 8 teams went. Then from 1978 through 1984, 16 teams went (1 from each of 16 districts, 2 districts per region). Then it went to 32 teams from 1985 through 92 or 93 with 1st and 2nd place teams making it from each district. This was during the A, AA and AAA era. Maybe region champs should get a bye and 2nd and 3rd place teams square off in the 1st round.

All about the $$$$$$. 6 classes are too many also. Way to watered down.

All about the $$$$$$. 6 classes are too many also. Way to watered down.

The D2 classes are watered down as well. It is watered down, but small rural schools like Coalfield and Greenback having less than 200 students potentially having to play schools with 500 or so students isn't a good deal either. The way they have divided them this time is the best way. They ranked every team from largest to smallest. Then they pretty much went down the line counting teams and seperating them by classes. Other states use a similar method. I'm surprised that the other sports don't have 6 classes. That's the biggest part I don't understand why they didn't divide it into 6 for all major sports.