District 9-A

ecu

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with MTCS struggling against the bottom of the district?

Getting out to big leads but not putting people away when they have the chance. Going deep down the bench to get players some experience. Doing what they have to do to win, but will have to do more against good teams. Last year's team gelled after Christmas. We will see this year. If they play together and get that killer instinct, they can be really good.

I still think MTCS is the team to be in 9A.

As an aside, #10 on Forrest is a great young player. Kid has heart and skills.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big games this week: MTCS-Community on Tuesday and MTCS-Eagleville on Friday. Who wins these two games?

Happy 2017 everyone.

Swami says MTCS shakes off the Christmas break rust and gets both wins. Everyone is healthy now so full roster is back in action. By 9 over Community and by 3 over Eagleville.

When will Eagleville and MTCS now play? Impressive win by MTCS over Community.

MTCS @ Eagleville this Thursday, January 12. Against Community, MTCS came out firing. Best 1st quarter effort in a long time. Then, neve looked back. Earlier in the season, they took their foot off the gas against some teams and let them back in it. Not last week.

Should be a good game vs. Eagleville.

At this point, the battle is for second between Eagleville, Huntland and Community. My money would be on Eagleville. They get after it and have a couple of solid go to guys. I can't figure Huntland out - not sure they have figured themselves out yet. If the big man Smith had more help at Community they could make a run.

On the other side of the region, I'm not convinced anyone besides Lead advances and I don't think Lead gets out of region. Wouldn't surprise me to see MTCS and Eagleville play for the region title.

But, as they say, we will see...