Who takes on the Franklin County job now?

REBELFAN70

Reed is too smart to take it!

I did not say he would take it, I said he would be a good choice IF they could lure him away from Huntland.  There are several other good choices who have been at FC in recent history as well.  Brewer, Roberson, Christian, and Jennings would all be great choices too.  All of them have been coordinators at FC besides Roberson, and he was the Head Freshman Coach that won with the same kids that Smith could not win with.

Never will happen.  He is in his ideal situation.  In Williamson County where he wanted to be all along, and in a football situation where he does not have to produce and is SMALL enough for him to handle.

You are a Lost Ole ####. Let the man be. Riverdale will never be like it once was. Get over it. Rankin left for that reason. Find another team if you want to follow a state championship team.

Edited by fb247

I did not say he would take it, I said he would be a good choice IF they could lure him away from Huntland.  There are several other good choices who have been at FC in recent history as well.  Brewer, Roberson, Christian, and Jennings would all be great choices too.  All of them have been coordinators at FC besides Roberson, and he was the Head Freshman Coach that won with the same kids that Smith could not win with.

Reed would be a great choice.....I agree.  But he doesn't want in that mess.  And the other guys you mentioned are all gone and at other places now, except for Christian.  They were all passed over before so I don't see any of them wanting it now.

You are a Lost Ole ####. Let the man be. Riverdale will never be like it once was. Get over it. Rankin left for that reason. Find another team if you want to follow a state championship team.

Did NOT say anything against him.  Just stating facts. 

BTW is he ever going to let you get your nose out into the light of day again?  Your lips still chapped and in a perpetual pucker?

Coach Nick Bryant. Former Grundy Co coach who runs a spread offense that could bold well with Franklin County athletes!!!! Give him a call!!!

Lol you obviously didn't watch the FC passing game this season. They don't have the receivers, QB, or line to run the spread. Smith knew that, the assistant coaches knew that, and the players knew that. Any straight drop to pass resulted in a sack 90% of the time. That's why they had to roll the qbs all season. As for all the athletes, FC has a few. I watched a lot of FC football this past season and 8 of the 10 teams the rebels played had better athletes than FC. The only two teams FC overmatched with athletes was Lincoln and Tullahoma. Even winless Columbia had better athletes that FC. Smith is a good guy, wish him well in the future.

Lol you obviously didn't watch the FC passing game this season. They don't have the receivers, QB, or line to run the spread. Smith knew that, the assistant coaches knew that, and the players knew that. Any straight drop to pass resulted in a sack 90% of the time. That's why they had to roll the qbs all season. As for all the athletes, FC has a few. I watched a lot of FC football this past season and 8 of the 10 teams the rebels played had better athletes than FC. The only two teams FC overmatched with athletes was Lincoln and Tullahoma. Even winless Columbia had better athletes that FC. Smith is a good guy, wish him well in the future.

Bryant passed when he had the players in place but the first few years it was a run oriented spread. But Franklin is way to big of a school to struggle like they do. Regardless of who they hire. They need a guy who can get all the kids out and coach to the team strength.

Doesn't matter who you get or what offense you run, Spread, Wing T, Singe Wing, Power I... if you don't get the backing from the administration (pay and other benes.) get assistant coaches who want to come and stay (and can coach), get both North and South coaches / parents on board (run the same system, get rid of that rivalry), get the athletes from transferring from out (primarily parent issue), get the athletes out of the halls (yes you can focus on more than one sport)...and get time to build. Don't get that done...and you still will not WIN.

Quit comparing the Freshman football records to the schedule that the Varsity plays. When the Freshman start playing Mt Juliet, Hillsboro, Independence, and other schools like that then you have an actual comparison. We spent two years learning a new system. No middle school program switched to the spread so we still don't have a passing QB or who is familiar with the spread.

Any of the great assistant coaches (sarcasm) that were here before, left. Did any of them get HC jobs elsewhere? I'm sure some did, if not, then what makes you think that if any of them came back that they alone would make any difference now. And why on earth would they want to come back. Did they all of a sudden become great HC candidates by going to other schools? Did they leave because they didn't get the HC job, or they got their feelings hurt? And some of us want them back...after they quit on the kids (sorry little too critical there. Just the opposing view for not bringing them back)...(how's this) transferred out to pursue other opportunities for growth and to gain further experience with other knowledgeable coaches, with the idea of bringing back that wealth of coaching experience to this wonderful football community we calll Rebel Football.

Sorry, got on my soapbox once again. I, just like the most of us on here, want to see someone come in and change things, but our history says no, it's not going to happen until these other things change.