T$$AA/Unaka/Playoff Setup

CFAfan

While I find it very unfortunate this game will not be played and hate it for the kids at Greenback, I put the fault and blame squarely on the shoulders of the morons at the T$$AA. Why in the world is a 1-9 football team that gave up an average of 50 ppg and played running clock games 8 times in the playoffs??? GATE MONEY!!!!!!! GREED!!!!!!! All T$$AA cares about is money. They don't care about the kids. They don't care about their member schools. They just want to line their pockets. It is really sad. The T$$AA needs to be disbanded and new heads put in place with rules that make sense. Why do all 32 teams make the playoffs in 6A but good teams get left out in 5A? Why are legitimate teams sitting at home for the playoffs while 1-9 teams are expected to travel halfway across the state and walk into a massacre in the first round of the playoffs? All about the dollar. Love to hear other opinions. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all about the gate money. Tennessee does not need 6 classifications, They do this because they know most parents are going to watch their kids play no matter who or where they are playing. So that is $8 or $16 per kid on the team. Say they have a little brother or sister, well sorry it's the playoffs still $8. Don't forget the grandparents for most kids, that is another $8 or $16. This formula works no matter how bad the teams are because these are HS kids who only get this chance once. The money is locked in. It is kinda sickening because you know they took this into account when deciding on this. 

Does T$$AA still have the penalty in place for schools that forfeit a playoff game losing the opportunity for postseason play in other sports. If Unaka has a good basketball team/teams they are prohibited from playing in postseason tournaments?

Your a little late on the news. Yes the tssaa has banned unaka's basketball team from postseason play. There was no article 5days ago about it.

I do not always agree with everything TSSAA does.

But This is Unaka's fault!

Quitting on the football season and then having the audacity to file an appeal which is the Cowards way out!

Granted they need to seed teams like in the Z-Plan

But Unaka proved that they are a bunch of cowardly quitters!

More Football = The Better

Hire a great head coach like a Gary Rankin or the like etc.....

Because in truth I DO want Unaka Football to succeed!

I used to feel sorry for and Root for Unaka

But this one is on you, at least show up!

And the Kids who turned in their jerseys should not be allowed on any sports teams for at least a year!

And especially if they win this appeal, the Unaka Rangers will be remembered as The Unaka Cowardly Quitters!

I would rather show up and be blown out 71-0 than to forfeit and quit.

Unaka WILL NOT (and should not) win its appeal, after that if I were TSSAA I would look at it and shred it or burn it up!

TSSAA was right to slap a Boys Basketball Postseason Ban on them Cowards, they are lucky its only a 1 year ban and not more!

This is going to be a Black Eye on Unaka!

Unaka is going to look alot worse for pulling this stunt!

This one is YOUR FAULT!

You did this to yourselves!

Not trying to sound Negative Im not trying to sound mean or anything and I apologize but TRUTH is TRUTH!

The TSSAA did not start it this time, Unaka Did!

Stupid Move Unaka!

The Greenback Cherokees football team is the REAL Victim

~THE UNAKA LOW SCHOOL COWARDLY QUITTERS

I have one word to describe ALL of This....

CLASSLESS!

Edited by ChrisBurr555555

Quitting on the football season and then having the audacity to file an appeal which is the Cowards way out!

And the Kids who turned in their jerseys should not be allowed on any sports teams for at least a year!

And especially if they win this appeal, the Unaka Rangers will be remembered as The Unaka Cowardly Quitters!

Unaka WILL NOT (and should not) win its appeal, after that if I were TSSAA I would look at it and shred it or burn it up!

TSSAA was right to slap a Boys Basketball Postseason Ban on them Cowards, they are lucky its only a 1 year ban and not more!

This one is YOUR FAULT!

Not trying to sound Negative Im not trying to sound mean or anything and I apologize but TRUTH is TRUTH!

Stupid Move Unaka!

CLASSLESS!

• Upvote 1

This one is YOUR FAULT!

Stupid Move Unaka!

CLASSLESS!

I think this is a little harsh. The system is broken. The TSSAA as an organization is useless. Their main function is to make $$$ at this point. Unaka most likely factored in player health in this decision if I had to guess. Coming off a 71-0 loss the previous week takes a toll I imagine.

I think this is a little harsh. The system is broken. The TSSAA as an organization is useless. Their main function is to make $$$ at this point. Unaka most likely factored in player health in this decision if I had to guess. Coming off a 71-0 loss the previous week takes a toll I imagine.

Maybe it might be time for Unaka to Division II or get a coach of a calibur of a Gary Rankin or George Quarles like....

I STILL would like to see their football team do well and win titles!

Remember how we used to be so bad?, Remember Ensworth before Bowers came in?, same for Independence/MBA/Brentwood Academy/Union City/Nashville Christian/Smyrna/etc.., Remember Whitehaven before their coach got there? They were ALL trash before getting turned around into constant winners if not champions

Unaka canand should become that with finding the right coach and staff etc.....

Maybe it might be time for Unaka to Division II or get a coach of a calibur of a Gary Rankin or George Quarles like....

Remember how we used to be so bad?, Remember Ensworth before Bowers came in?, same for Independence/MBA/Brentwood Academy/Union City/Nashville Christian/Smyrna/etc.., Remember Whitehaven before their coach got there? They were ALL trash before getting turned around into constant winners if not champions

There was no Ensworth before Bowers. Unaka is public therefore cannot go DII. Independence was a new school and had a pretty impressive, rapid rise to a state championship and current 26 game winning streak. I do not recall when MBA or BA struggled. Lol

I get what you're saying...just ain't that easy!! First, offer Rankin, Bowers, GQ, or whomever you think would be best the job, and try and get some entertainment value from their answers. In reality, winning has to be the goal, and that sounds easy, but it's not everyone's ultimate aim. Affordable coaches are there, just have to be diligent and take a chance with a young assistant and support them in every way...if it doesn't work, try again. Respectability is all that you can ask for at first, and it may take some time for that even. If it were that easy, it wouldn't be so hard!