T$$AA/Unaka/Playoff Setup

CFAfan

I do not always agree with everything TSSAA does.

But This is Unaka's fault!

Quitting on the football season and then having the audacity to file an appeal which is the Cowards way out!

Granted they need to seed teams like in the Z-Plan

But Unaka proved that they are a bunch of cowardly quitters!

More Football = The Better

Hire a great head coach like a Gary Rankin or the like etc.....

Because in truth I DO want Unaka Football to succeed!

I used to feel sorry for and Root for Unaka

But this one is on you, at least show up!

And the Kids who turned in their jerseys should not be allowed on any sports teams for at least a year!

And especially if they win this appeal, the Unaka Rangers will be remembered as The Unaka Cowardly Quitters!

I would rather show up and be blown out 71-0 than to forfeit and quit.

Unaka WILL NOT (and should not) win its appeal, after that if I were TSSAA I would look at it and shred it or burn it up!

TSSAA was right to slap a Boys Basketball Postseason Ban on them Cowards, they are lucky its only a 1 year ban and not more!

This is going to be a Black Eye on Unaka!

Unaka is going to look alot worse for pulling this stunt!

This one is YOUR FAULT!

You did this to yourselves!

Not trying to sound Negative Im not trying to sound mean or anything and I apologize but TRUTH is TRUTH!

The TSSAA did not start it this time, Unaka Did!

Stupid Move Unaka!

The Greenback Cherokees football team is the REAL Victim

~THE UNAKA LOW SCHOOL COWARDLY QUITTERS

I have one word to describe ALL of This....

CLASSLESS!

I get and understand your argument, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. Playing and practicing football in October for a team that gives up 50 PPG is no fun. I don't care what team you play for. I saw where Unaka was outscored by 300+ points total this season, and they have 1 win to show for. Plus, losing by 30+ with a running clock, that's no good. The players aren't dumb, they knew coming into this week that they were going to be tossed around like dummies and lose by 50+. I have no ties to Unaka football, but I have a feeling that the players for Unaka are tired of losing, and I bet they got criticized an awful lot on Social Media this season. Get a new coach? People seem like that's the ultimate solution to everything, but it's not. Coach Rankin and those guys are lucky and the schools have to be blessed to have those type of coaches. I don't know who the coach is at Unaka, but I hope he didn't enter the season wanting to lose games by 30-40 points. Truth is, this sends a message to the TSSAA. Because a 4 win Lake County (1A) team lost in the last seconds to Humboldt and missed the playoffs. Instead, Lake a County was watching their neighbors Union City beat Middleton (2-8) 74-0 because Middleton's region has 4 teams. That right there is what bugs me, and bugs H.S. Football fans across the state. Just Examples like that.

So it's more than just 'coaching' on a reason why a team is 1-9 while giving up 500+ points this year. It could be the lack of talent, lack of depth, resources, not updated facilities, lack of support, or it could be just the fact that Unaka is not a football school. I hate for their basketball program because I don't think they deserve to get their postseason eliminated when the season starts next week. It just shows you how screwed up the TSSAA, really is.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Ensworth before Bowers came in?, 

Well, no, not really, unless you are referring to the middle school.  Bowers has been at Ensworth since they opened the high school.  2007 was the first year that they had freshmen through seniors at the school and was their first full year of varsity football.  4 gold balls and 1 silver ball in 9 years, playing in the large school D2 division.  Not too shabby, imho.  

Should have suspended all of them!Sorry if you don't like it but need to follow rules!

I don't have a dog in this fight and honestly don't know where the school is located or past history so I am speaking kinda blind on this but do we know if the players quit after the season or the coaches and school made the decision not to play? To me that would be the deciding factor. Don't know as a coach what you are to do if your team turns their stuff in and says we are done. Do you show up with the 8 or 9 kids left and say we are here at least we tried? If the coaches told the players we are done then punish the football team next season not the basketball team. Some if not all of the kids that play basketball may have nothing to do with the football situation. Did they also punish the football team for the following season as well? This is like a NCAA coach cheating, resigning and moving to a new job and then the school he was at get violations because of him. What are you really showing them by doing this that if someone else does wrong the innocent pay the price and not those who committed the crime? Flip it around...if the boys basketball team would have done this you think TSSAA would have suspended the football program at any school knowing they would lose a playoff gate possible? This just kinda proves everyones thoughts that they care only about football and football money.

Should have suspended all of them!Sorry if you don't like it but need to follow rules!

ive seen you post this idk how many times. you realize the basketball team being punished is following the rules? that's literally the rule the tssaa has for this situation. not sure what your vendetta is with Unaka, but with the exception of a couple of parents everyone up here has said they boys should of played, not sure why you want all the kids in other sports punished because of a few from the football team.

ive seen you post this idk how many times. you realize the basketball team being punished is following the rules? that's literally the rule the tssaa has for this situation. not sure what your vendetta is with Unaka, but with the exception of a couple of parents everyone up here has said they boys should of played, not sure why you want all the kids in other sports punished because of a few from the football team.

No vendetta at all,I think a hard message needs to be sent to keep this from happening at other schools.If their boys basketball team turns out to be near as bad as the football team then what justice is done??NONE.It is just my opinion.

No vendetta at all,I think a hard message needs to be sent to keep this from happening at other schools.If their boys basketball team turns out to be near as bad as the football team then what justice is done??NONE.It is just my opinion.

well our boys basketball was going to struggle regardless of any ban or not this season unfortunately. Only 2 or 3 football players even play basketball I fail to see how punishing them or other sports is any form of justice. If you want to hit the administration hit em in the wallet with a fine. In reality the tssaa flawed system should be punished more than anyone. Agree to disagree though.

I am going to guess that many of you on here are too young to remember a time when this state did not have a playoff system at all. Play 10 games and maybe a bowl if you had a good enough season. When the playoffs started in the 70's, I asked our coach how he felt about it. He hated it!!! I asked him why and he said," it'll just end up getting a bunch of coaches fired'. He didn't want someone else telling him who he could play. He felt more games led to more injuries. And he thought that after 7 or 8 games, the kids were getting tired, bored, uninterested in the game. I asked him why the Association was installing a playoff system, his answer was," Huh, same reason for just about everything, MONEY."  He explained that the association was looking to establish an income to supplement the basketball money AND that the football powerhouses were griping about not being able to put a schedule together. If they put the schools into classes and districts those powerhouses would have most of their schedule filled. He bemoaned the idea of several of the old natural rivalries dying. A great number of the things he told eating lunch together in his office have come to be.  More later.