Oak Ridge 2016-17

SweetScience

CC comes to The Ridge Tuesday. Even though we handled them a few weeks ago @ CC I thought they were one of the better teams in district we have played this year. They have some really good shooters. I thought to myself, they should be handily beating teams like Clinton, AC, ETC. Carolina, what do you think about their coaching?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

108-80 Wildcats tonight. 3rd time over the century mark for us. Been close a few more times as well.

I was able to watch this game on the computer. I find a web site in a twitter post that had the web site for a company that carries most Knoxville hs basketball games. I think it was called diamondclearmedia.com. Boy did the Cats shoot lights out from three point range making 15 3s. Tee pulled down 19 rebounds and scored 19 points and he may have been the third best Oak Ridge player on the night. Juat a joy to finally see the team play and just not listen to the games on prepradio.com. Speaking of prepradio I hope David Clary gets to see the Falcons win tomorrow. I am a Titan fan but will Rise Up on Sunday for the ATL.

CC comes to The Ridge Tuesday. Even though we handled them a few weeks ago @ CC I thought they were one of the better teams in district we have played this year. They have some really good shooters. I thought to myself, they should be handily beating teams like Clinton, AC, ETC. Carolina, what do you think about their coaching?

Yea I think we talked before season started and felt CC might be a third place team this year. It looks like their going to finish in 4th. I also don't think any one thought Powell would be this good. So their probably about where they should be. I feel they can beat any of the 2-9 teams and if they get to regions would be a tough matchup over there, maryville included. They only have two seniors and a couple good sophomores coming off bench.

I like the coaching ok. I think sometimes he stays with guys a little too long. He runs pretty good stuff, and it looks good against everybody but you guys , lol. Lost a couple games early they could've won but had football players out on visits. If you had told me at beginning of year they'd win 18-19 games, finish 4th in our district, I'd have taken it.

I'm going to try and be at OR when they play. Just tell green to take it easy on them.

Yep Knox County schools are closed so Halls is now Thursday and CC has moved to tues., guess they had a Knox school also. It all works out though.

Oh, I see. sickness in schools. Well, I wanted to see this game but ill have to miss it. Already made work arrangements to go to the ridge on Friday. boyfromsi, said it should be a good one?  I don't see it. OR is winning district game by an average of 36 points, and I don't expect much to change. id love to see a good close game, but I think the big picture is to beat Gibbs Friday. To me anyway. Guess ill go to CC Friday then.

Well, the regular season is just about over and Oak Ridge with a win tonight vs Halls, will have won their 62nd straight regular season district game. CONGRATS to them. 

With a Halls loss and a Clinton win over Gibbs, Clinton will be the 5 seed and halls the 6 seed. So I think the tourney will shake out like this? Anyone feel free to correct me if I mess it up, cause I always mess this 9 team, double byes, single byes format up!!

1)Oak- double bye

2)Karns- double bye-------both advance to region

3)Powell- single bye

4)Campbell co. vs 9) Gibbs- winner plays 5vs 8 winner(?)

5)Clinton vs 8) Central- winner plays 4vs 8 winner(?)

6) Halls vs 7) Anderson co. - winner plays 3) Powell(?)

Does that look right?

Its hard to keep up with all this.  I wonder how it'll be next year when 3AAA loses Gibbs?