CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

Already heard a couple of friends of mine from Clinton upset over the wing-T. If you all think that's bad wait until you see the quarterback go back and forth to the sidelines to get the play. See how that works out for you all when you run into a game and valuable time is clicking off the clock in a barn burner and you run out of time on the three yard line.

McKamey doesn't run Wing-T. What you're referring to is Double Wing.

Edited by EastTNFBall

I was told the scrimmage will be on Thursday April 20th

I'll throw you another date in there also. I heard the 13th and if there is a chance of rain for that day their going to be playing on Wednesday the 12th and there will be a charge to get in to collect money for a fund raiser. The one thing I do know for a fact is that both schools have ten days of spring practice and Maryville has already had two which I went to the first one Wednesday.30m3348.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

It will for sure on defense but I'm also sure it will be okay on offense but just letting you know what the fans of GCA had to set through while the game clock seconds melted like an ice cream cone outside on a hot July summer day.

Barn he used to run that double wing very good.If he has the athletes and goes back to coaching like his older days they will be tough to stop.

Barn he used to run that double wing very good.If he has the athletes and goes back to coaching like his older days they will be tough to stop.

My only problem from observing his style of play again was not using signals to get the play in and wasting time letting the defense get it's second breath during a game. I saw a few games they should have won like the AE game two years ago that comes to mind because they ran out of time wasting time. His record speaks for itself and would have been even better had they not went out and signed up some 5A and 6A teams to play during the season. They have Alcoa on the schedule this coming year which is an automatic loss but not sure if that was a going away present for who ever takes over which I strongly suspect. He knew at the end of the season last year that him and GCA had reached the end of their ten year marriage. Not a bad thing because it happens all the time just like it did at Maryville. Most Maryville people don't have the gonads to say this but one of the reasons I suspect GQ left was that I'm sure he was sick and tired of their BS also. The higher up's pushed Gaylor out the door as baseball coach over a bunch of parents that wanted to run the place and I didn't expect him to return as football coach either but he did for three games and left. If it had been over health as they try to polish off he wouldn't be over at Clinton right now. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

Im not a fan of the spread offense especially come playoff time. I think it is important to be able to run the ball consistently. I don't care if we run the wing t, double wing, or veer as long as we have success doing so. I am still a firm believer that if you can run the ball and have a good defense, you'll win more games than you lose.

We are looking good early in Spring practice, but I want to see what we look like against another team.

e. Most Maryville people don't have the gonads to say this but one of the reasons I suspect GQ left was that I'm sure he was sick and tired of their BS also. The higher up's pushed Gaylor out the door as baseball coach over a bunch of parents that wanted to run the place and I didn't expect him to return as football coach either but he did for three games and left. If it had been over health as they try to polish off he wouldn't be over at Clinton right now. 

What BS do you speaketh of Barn? I am bringing out my fact checker because the morning crowd at Hardees and the corner marketbunch can pile the BS high and deep. 

Edited by MLREB

It's freakin atrocious & absurd that "people are already upset about the wing-t"!!! they haven't even gotten thru spring practice and idiot parents are complaining!!! give the staff a chance-if after the season is over you wanna complain, then complain-good grief!!!

also let those complainers know that little ole watauga high in boone, nc led 4a (biggest classification in nc)  in scoring (51 points a game) running double wing!!  we were 2nd in the entire state only behind 2a reidsville.

a little bit of info with running the veer & midline (which is normally the base offense out of double wing):  the offense is set up for smaller, quicker linemen. (thats why we run it cuz we aint got any big fellas) but the great thing is that it allows you to pick the best d lineman that you are gonna play and you don't have to block him-what ever he picks is gonna be wrong-as long as your qb can read it correctly.  then it allows for a double team on the playside. all midline and veer plays have a read key and a pitch key-it's a thing of beauty when it's run correctly.  think navy & ga tech!! it also opens up the waggle and if you got some guys on the outside that can run, they usually have a pretty easy time running behind the db's cuz their coming up to stop the option.

we were able to run that along with some zone read stuff and really hurt some defenses.

Best of Luck to the Dragons-give'em some time parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's freakin atrocious & absurd that "people are already upset about the wing-t"!!! they haven't even gotten thru spring practice and idiot parents are complaining!!! give the staff a chance-if after the season is over you wanna complain, then complain-good grief!!!

also let those complainers know that little ole watauga high in boone, nc led 4a (biggest classification in nc) in scoring (51 points a game) running double wing!! we were 2nd in the entire state only behind 2a reidsville.

a little bit of info with running the veer & midline (which is normally the base offense out of double wing): the offense is set up for smaller, quicker linemen. (thats why we run it cuz we aint got any big fellas) but the great thing is that it allows you to pick the best d lineman that you are gonna play and you don't have to block him-what ever he picks is gonna be wrong-as long as your qb can read it correctly. then it allows for a double team on the playside. all midline and veer plays have a read key and a pitch key-it's a thing of beauty when it's run correctly. think navy & ga tech!! it also opens up the waggle and if you got some guys on the outside that can run, they usually have a pretty easy time running behind the db's cuz their coming up to stop the option.

we were able to run that along with some zone read stuff and really hurt some defenses.

Best of Luck to the Dragons-give'em some time parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100%. Give the coaching time and get off their backs. Be patient and I'm sure you will like what you see by the end of the season. If not....then complain.