CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

If the AC kid plans on going to Clinton then I have no problem with it, sounds like he's a player. IF and WHEN Linderman comes to Clinton you will know who he is. He's currently 6'3 220, exceptionally athletic, pretty muscular for his size, not to mention he's an 8th grader with facial hair! I don't think I've ever seen a kid that developed for his age.

Off topic, I coached against him during the season and had him on our TNAAU Region 1 All Star wrestling team. Based on what I know about him I won't be surprised if he's one of the top DT's or TE's (his preferred positions) in the state by the time he's a Senior.

The next obvious and most important question....tell us about that kids garbage service.

6'1'' 209 as a 7th grader?!

He's legit SS, not surprising to read that article and see that evaluation. Alcoa's 189 pounder (Grey Carroll) & my 189 pounder (Cameron Tuminksi) were the only two kids in the entire state to last longer than the 1st period with Linderman on the mat. The crazy thing is both of those kids are physical specimens themselves (Grey is 6'3 & Cameron is 6'5) and finished 1-2 in the state at 189, but Trevor outweighed them by 30 pounds so it was more like exhibition matches. All 3 felt they were the biggest studs on the middle school level and weren't scared to test themselves, but Trevor stood out more than anyone else.

That said, when I coached Linderman on our Region 1 All Star team I knew it was an automatic W for us. Having a 3-4 220 pounders on my team this year, I'd bet we had to face Linderman at least 10 times this year. I'll say this too, I may be close to 40 but I would hate to physically confront that kid 8th grade or not. He's a good kid though, but don't be surprised if he's a 4 or 5 star football player when he's a Senior. Wish he would have come to Maryville.... lol

The truth is a student at Anderson County who has never even played football at AC,  went to Clinton,and somehow got pads and participated in their spring practice and played in the scrimmage at Maryville.  Now, you can say he had permission from this person or that person, but understand that only one person or group can allow grant that permission and they are in the middle of the state, not the Clinton Admin or the Anderson Co Central Office Staff. Every coach in the state knows you have to be enrolled and in regular attendance in your school  to participate in a sport.  His picture ended up on the front page of the local paper.  So please don't give us your reasons why this happened.  It happened, and Clinton will have to take the punishment of the TSSAA for allowing it.   

He's legit SS, not surprising to read that article and see that evaluation. Alcoa's 189 pounder (Grey Carroll) & my 189 pounder (Cameron Tuminksi) were the only two kids in the entire state to last longer than the 1st period with Linderman on the mat. The crazy thing is both of those kids are physical specimens themselves (Grey is 6'3 & Cameron is 6'5) and finished 1-2 in the state at 189, but Trevor outweighed them by 30 pounds so it was more like exhibition matches. All 3 felt they were the biggest studs on the middle school level and weren't scared to test themselves, but Trevor stood out more than anyone else.

That said, when I coached Linderman on our Region 1 All Star team I knew it was an automatic W for us. Having a 3-4 220 pounders on my team this year, I'd bet we had to face Linderman at least 10 times this year. I'll say this too, I may be close to 40 but I would hate to physically confront that kid 8th grade or not. He's a good kid though, but don't be surprised if he's a 4 or 5 star football player when he's a Senior. Wish he would have come to Maryville.... lol

He sure sounds like it. Kinda reminds me of myself as an 8th grader.  :flower: