Rhea County Off-season

kamerb

Well with the new region we only have to have one region win to make the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to playing Catholic next fall.

The interesting thing to track will be what 6 schools will make up the non-region games. I would love to see Cleveland, Ooltewah, and Red Bank on the schedule. However if it's like last time we had to go pretty far out to fill the schedule. I wouldn't mind seeing Greeneville, Cookeville, Farragut, or even a team like Alcoa.

Overall we might be alittle down next year at least early in the season. I mean we just lost a huge chunk of our offense with Bice Stephenson and Eddie Davis. With that said it's time for Simon to step up and be the guy. There are some backs like Sturgeon who will have to step up next year. I look for Little Pemberton to continue to grow and get better. Plus from what I saw last night the back up is more than capable of stepping in if needed. I would like to see us bring back WRs to the formations. I'm looking forward to watching Kaylor next season on both sides of the ball. The secondary has to get better period. Line wise we have to replace some guys but I think we will be alright.

Edited by Rhea Co.

I think we have the ability to be pretty good again next year. It really will depend on whether or not these kids decide to really "live in the weight room", do the extra running and conditioning to get bigger, faster, stronger, and in the best shape they have ever been in. I won't mention any particular players because I think we have many that can contribute but I think it will really depend on how bad they really want to work. Also, this loss can have a tremendous impact on these younger players. They can either decide that it's not too bad to have extra time to do other things this next month or spend every single day working to avoid ever having this feeling again that there are other kids still getting to play and we're not.

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule for next season. I have seen the regions TSSAA released but wondering if anyone has heard who else we are going to play.

I know Coach Ruehling and Pemberton are working on it. The only game I know beyond the region games that I know is they are try to get East Hamilton on the schedule. It might take alittle time to fill it out with the amount of non-region games needed.