Rhea County Off-season

kamerb

Where do you all see Rhea County in the region standings this season?

I think a first place finish is possible. A second place finish is most likely. And a third place finish is not out of the question because of the variable that is Walker Valley. Going off of returning talent and coaching, I think Rhea and Catholic are neck and neck for the #1 spot. Walker Valley is always tough, and they have Gibson returning. Soddy and Lenoir City have potential, but I feel they are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to strength of region schedule.

Lenoir City should not give you trouble. If they do you are in trouble.

We Franklin County fans are looking forward and welcome your Golden Eagles to our fine Rebel stadium!!!!!! Also looking forward to how our rebuilding program stacks up to the spring practice top rated 5a Golden Eagles!!!!. Have a safe trip to FC and lets play some football!!!!!

Excited to travel over there! I am ready to see our new offensive set in action!

Edited by kamerb

My take on the scrimmage:

Offense: While they looked a little shaky at times, the offense seemed to run pretty well. We converted every 4th down we went for, and only lost the ball by a fumble or two and an interception. The play where the tight end missed the pass, tipped it, and caused a pick six was tough to swallow, but the kid is a senior who hasn't been thrown to in a live game situation since he was a freshman due to the depth we have had at tight end in recent years. Zach looked pretty sharp throwing the ball, and Jaden Austin (#4) looks like the top option at receiver. The line looked strong, and seem to be ahead of last year's group in regards of playing together. All of the running backs looked more than capable of carrying the ball and gaining yardage with #27 Velasco and #22 Simon being the top-tier and the new kid #9 Woody looked stellar at running back.

Defense: As is always the case in the spring, the defense was ahead of the offense. They only gave up two touchdowns, and both of those came after they caused a turn over on downs only to have to defend just a few plays later because the offense fumbled the ball away. D-line looked extremely talented, the middle linebackers Kaylor and Martin looked as solid as ever, and the outside linebackers White and Suttles looked impressive considering they were both backups most of last season. Secondary wasn't tested much, but they looked talented and at least two deep at each position.

Final score; 26-20 Rhea County.

Scorers:

Simon (touchdown)

Velasco (touchdown)

Woody (2 touchdowns)

Laws (2-pt conversion)

Edited by kamerb

Overall I thought we looked OK. The new offense is interesting being a hybrid of the classic Pemberton wing-t and the pistol. Still needs some work but it looks like it will allow for more passing. The run game looks strong early, but we have got to find more depth moving forward. Woody did look good yesterday running the ball. Zach looked improved but still has some work to do. He has to get the ball out quicker or to his check down man. The offense line does look ahead of where they were this time last year.

The defense looks like it could be pretty good with more work. It will be interesting to see what they do against Oakland next Saturday. The secondary will hopefully get more work in the next one.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Big shoutout to Jackson Langley (RB/LB, C/O 2020) for earning the RB MVP award at an elite camp in South Carolina earlier this month and Eddie Davis for signing with Birmingham Prep yesterday!

Also, be sure to watch the Eagles this Saturday online on Rhea Review who will be live-streaming the scrimmage!