NCS @ WC round 3

wildcat89

You nailed it. Coach Rice and crew have probably watched the Huntingdon film and there's a game plan in place where NCS will see a lot of counter plays and passes in the flat. I see QB Rice putting on a option clinic as well. Unless things get better in a hurry I forsee WC - 42 - NCS 27 or worse.

For all the talk about the offense, the defense has given up just 50 points total for the last 8 games. Most of those points has been after the starters were out. This will be a hard fought game. NCS will not give up that quest for another gold ball easily. Just feel WC may get them this time.

For all the talk about the offense, the defense has given up just 50 points total for the last 8 games. Most of those points has been after the starters were out. This will be a hard fought game. NCS will not give up that quest for another gold ball easily. Just feel WC may get them this time.

I'm glad someone mentioned the defense for once. I honestly believe that's what wins championships. The '09 & '11 teams were so good because of it, just like this years team. This group had one bad game, Scotts Hill. Other than that, they've held teams to their lowest score all year (when varsity is in). Anyways...

#9 Harris is a playmaker at OLB. We have a good group of LBs. Birchett makes quick reads and gets to the ball fast. I'd like to know how many INTs WC has this year.

Disclaimer so I don't get roasted, the line has played good and the secondary too. I'm just an ex-LB, so it's a joy for me to watch them play good ball.

I just hope cats pull out win, don't care about score, and hope we get a good off. crew.  For all

the post this past weekend it seems officials are taking a lot of heat.  I have done it and it is

not easy.  This may be the reason TSSAA is having trouble finding officials.  Just saying!

I just hope cats pull out win, don't care about score, and hope we get a good off. crew. For all

the post this past weekend it seems officials are taking a lot of heat. I have done it and it is

not easy. This may be the reason TSSAA is having trouble finding officials. Just saying!

I'm not going to get in on the officiating or say HHS didn't have some bad ones but most of the ones complaining lost

I'm not going to get in on the officiating or say HHS didn't have some bad ones but most of the ones complaining lost

I'll go ahead and make a prediction, not about the score, but about the complainers. We have our share as well as others. If this game, or any other game this Friday is within 10 points, the losing teams will have fans on here going balistic. There are even some dilusional fans who go nuts when they get mercy ruled. 

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yes, sadly, I don't care what zebra-ites & 'officials-are-supreme' folk say, refs can & do unjustly change games & impact outcomes, whole seasons & dreams are crushed by obviously awful calls. It seems as if whistle-carriers want things to be about themselves and not the teams & players. Sorry, but that IS the truth. And it happens waaaay too much IMO. Yes YES I know its only a game and it's about learning sportsmanship and all that, oh yes I know, but what about learning accountability? Responsibility for actions? Eh? This very important side of the issue is non-existent, because officials don't have any meaningful repercussions at HS level for horrific unfair calls. Sad, but true. ...So since this is how it is, & human officials will remain human, and no instant replay rules will ever be implemented in HS sports, the only way to be totally certain to overcome all that mess is to take it out of their hands. To score so much & so often that their bad calls won't take away the game from your team. Yep, if I were a coach I'd allow my players to run the score up to the mercy-rule level, if I could, before calling off the dawgs.. for many reasons I would do so but taking it outta officials hands is one of those main reasons to score a ton. So.. WC, it's a tall order I know, but put mercy-rule on NCS so there won't be this discussion next week. Just whoop em good.

Cats just need to come out and take care of business. Being around some of the kids there's lots of excitement for this game. Kinda a calming excitement. But what I like the most is the confidence and trust in the coaches and system that they can take care of business. Let's keep it rolling CATS!

Edited by Rings

Looks like this game should be a war of wills. Wide open attack of WC vs. the ground game of NCS. I have been very impressed by the discipline of the LB from WC. Both defenses have played well. I see a lot of post about 3 TD victories, I just don't see it. I think this is quietly one of the best rivalries in the state. Should be an emotional, physical ball game as always.