Hillsboro 2017

AllRegion

The Burros had a rocky start but rebounded well to finish 7-5 this year. There was a lot of youth that got significant playing time and Hillsboro will return 15 starters next season. I may be wrong (I am a lot), but I'd make them one of the favorites in 5A for next year.

Here's the question: how good will the Burros be next season, and what are the odds that Clayton gives it one more chance at a ring?

Edited by AllRegion

Hillsboro will be very good next year. I personally think Coach Clayton is a great coach. I'd like to see him return in 2017.

I would too. I think Coach Clayton is a good man and coach. Plus, I believe he's assembled a heck of a staff. I would love to see him stay one more season and end his career with a walk-off title

I don't know if Mose would want to leave CR. Right now I am sure he is focused on beating Indy. I think another former burro might be interested though but not RA. I could possibly see RA going after a different metro school if it opens up soon. Depends on how much he enjoyed his MS gig. I'm sure there was much less stress.

Edited by workinprogress

I believe Pearl Cohn and Hillsboro are going to continue their series, which is great.

With all the speculation concerning a new coach at Hillsboro, how strong are the rumors that Clayton won't be coming back?

Pretty strong Region. I've heard that he doesn't have the strongest relationship with the new principal amongst other things.

Hillsboro would need to make a really strong hire.. I believe that this will be a coveted job by many, but also believe that it has its own issues & red flags.. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by HighLife

Pretty strong Region. I've heard that he doesn't have the strongest relationship with the new principal amongst other things.

Hillsboro would need to make a really strong hire.. I believe that this will be a coveted job by many, but also believe that it has its own issues & red flags.. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Very interesting and just like all metro jobs, it has obstacles. Metro is tougher than most may think.