Chattanooga area boys 2016-17

FootballFan51

Cleveland always has a super-talented roster, but the next few years they are crazy talented. I'm not sure how they have not been able to win Championships the last few years, but they have no excuses for not winning District & Region the next 2-3 years. I understand the talent level at Cleveland Middle is absurd this year too.

Who else should have strong year this year & what players are their to watch for?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland always has a super-talented roster, but the next few years they are crazy talented. I'm not sure how they have not been able to win Championships the last few years, but they have no excuses for not winning District & Region the next 2-3 years. I understand the talent level at Cleveland Middle is absurd this year too.

Who else should have strong year this year & what players are their to watch for?

Cleveland plays a brand of defense that good teams take advantage of. Until that changes it will be more of the same ole results. Cleveland does not have state championship level talent, and haven't for a while.

Here's my assessment:

Brainerd and Tyner will be the teams to beat in Chatt. Central lost some quality talent and Red Bank may have a good night somewhere along the way.

I haven't seen Cleveland but heard Curry scored 40 last week. Maybe E Ham can challenge them in AAA? I hope the Ooltewah kids can bounce back and enjoy this season.

McCallie is a little better than Baylor but never count on anything when those 2 play.

Non Member HH is a must watch for hoop junkies. Lace em up and have some fun young fellas.

Here's my assessment:

Brainerd and Tyner will be the teams to beat in Chatt. Central lost some quality talent and Red Bank may have a good night somewhere along the way.

I haven't seen Cleveland but heard Curry scored 40 last week. Maybe E Ham can challenge them in AAA? I hope the Ooltewah kids can bounce back and enjoy this season.

McCallie is a little better than Baylor but never count on anything when those 2 play.

Non Member HH is a must watch for hoop junkies. Lace em up and have some fun young fellas.

Curry is definitely a talent.

Here's my assessment:

I agree that Brainerd & Tyner are the top of the class. My son plays for Red Bank and we lost 6 seniors from last seasons team including all 5 starters, so we are very young this year. I think we can win some games but I wouldn't expect any against those 2.

Edited by Thomas508

Cleveland plays a brand of defense that good teams take advantage of. Until that changes it will be more of the same ole results. Cleveland does not have state championship level talent, and haven't for a while.

U got one thing right and that's brand of basketball. And that's because the head coach sucks. Should have already been gone. If Reggie Tucker doesn't have that job soon, something is up. Mccowan has that job because of the buddy system. And I'm not sure how u can say Cleveland hasn't had state championship level talent. They always have talent, some years more than others. This years team is absolutely loaded and if they can't make it out of the region to go to subs state, then mccowan needs to be fired. They won the middle school state championship I believe 2 years in a row and he still can't coach them. Don't get me started on that coach haha

Edited by fooseball95

U got one thing right and that's brand of basketball. And that's because the head coach sucks. Should have already been gone. If Reggie Tucker doesn't have that job soon, something is up. Mccowan has that job because of the buddy system. And I'm not sure how u can say Cleveland hasn't had state championship level talent. They always have talent, some years more than others. This years team is absolutely loaded and if they can't make it out of the region to go to subs state, then mccowan needs to be fired. They won the middle school state championship I believe 2 years in a row and he still can't coach them. Don't get me started on that coach haha

Wow! lol

The talent level has been good enough for Cleveland to make the state tournament a few times. McCowan has definitely failed in that regard. Cleveland teams have been underachieving under his watch, without a doubt. Unacceptable for this team not to make it out of region, but I don't see state championship level talent.