Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

I don't see DB football as being a joke, its probably more like we all just ran out of things to talk about related to football at this time of year. This could have happened on any thread during the off-season. No offense intended.

Ah, but DB football is a joke - at this point in history. And it will continue to be so as long as there is this current status quo. Most of the old timers on these DB threads are gone. They've had enough. As long as the quipster is in charge, so it will be.

Bump

Ah, but DB football is a joke - at this point in history. And it will continue to be so as long as there is this current status quo. Most of the old timers on these DB threads are gone. They've had enough. As long as the quipster is in charge, so it will be.

Bump

70, I hear what you're saying..    Just try to keep supporting the boys though, that is what is is (or should be) about anyway.

Greenville will have a great team again. Oak Ridge is going to lose a lot of talent to graduation but I doubt they drop off that much. And they always play the Indians tough. Science Hill should be better. The key word being should. They return a lot of talent, especially at the skill positions. QB Jaylan Adams will be back and that's a big plus for them. He finally seemed to find his groove towards the end of last season. Line play is the question mark there. Sevier County, I really don't know much about going into next season. As has been said many times, DB has the athletes. It's the coaching that is holding them back.

We (Hardin Valley) play Oak Ridge in week one. They will be more athletic aand faster as a whole next couple of years. They want have a Tee Higgins but it will allow the more to use everyone which I think offensively will make them more dangerous. Defensively they will be better. Jordan Graham is one of the top returning backs in the area. He's dangerous every time he touches the ball. Where is this game played next year.

We (Hardin Valley) play Oak Ridge in week one. They will be more athletic aand faster as a whole next couple of years. They want have a Tee Higgins but it will allow the more to use everyone which I think offensively will make them more dangerous. Defensively they will be better. Jordan Graham is one of the top returning backs in the area. He's dangerous every time he touches the ball. Where is this game played next year.

Hey Joe....I hope you are right about Oak Ridge. I am wondering why you feel the defense will be better this season?. It needs to be for sure.

The OR vs D-B game will be played in Kingsport week 2.

• 1 month later...

Is there any inkling of a coaching change at the top? I assume the answer is no. Otherwise there would be a thread abuzz with comments. Just hoping, maybe, sometime in this century ..... Do zombie coaches exist?

If there was a change I think the guys would be blowing up the T.         Well, now that I think about it, maybe not....   there seems to be a lot of apathy now about DB Football.     Even some of my friends who I thought were lifers are rather nonchalant now.     But this is a rather anecdotal view, maybe its not like that in all corners of the DB universe..

I do think the opening game vs. Greeneville will be extremely important, plus its down there so it is imperative that fans make the trip down I81.    I'm sure there will be a separate thread on this game later, or maybe someone on the 3A/4A has already started one