Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

I'd rather win and have people say what do you expect if I were DB. I told my friend yesterday that hope his son and all the kids have a great season and even a great game against my Devils,but I want the Devils to still beat them.For some reason he wants my Devils to lose,as I would have a year or two ago myself

Batman- what are BVD's thoughts on this game?     If anyone knows Greeneville football inside and out its him.     Maybe he is holding off until we get an official "DB vs GHS" thread started, but I for one would like to read his thoughts about it.      At some point we need to get into the X's and O's from those who are close to the programs, like "Well Greeneville has this 6'5" wide-out, DB will likely be covering him with a 5'8" CB, so we can expect ......"  stuff like that

Batman- what are BVD's thoughts on this game?     If anyone knows Greeneville football inside and out its him.     Maybe he is holding off until we get an official "DB vs GHS" thread started, but I for one would like to read his thoughts about it.      At some point we need to get into the X's and O's from those who are close to the programs, like "Well Greeneville has this 6'5" wide-out, DB will likely be covering him with a 5'8" CB, so we can expect ......"  stuff like that

With my schedule,we don't get to talk a lot of football until it's about time.He not only knows the Devils,BVD knows the game very well.BVD also benched over four hundred when he was in high school and  knows a little about that part of the sport and how important strength training is to a team.That use to kill me when my kids were playing at DB,maybe that is all good now .

Im no BVD but know most of the kids on the team and the whole coaching staff.  You will have 6"3 210 Dorien Goddard  on the outside along with Seth Crawford 5"10 165 on the other side (Led the team in receiving and TDS last year.  Great route runner).  In the slot will be Jamian Thompson 5"10 180 who started CB last year but played quite a bit of offense.  Cameron Hite 6"4 215 will see more action on O and also started at Safety last year.  Ballard is back for his Junior season and has gotten better each year (won the offensive MVP and underclassmen QB mvp of the Army invitation Camp).  If you want to follow the lifting and progress just look at Coach Ballards Twitter page.

Im no BVD but know most of the kids on the team and the whole coaching staff.  You will have 6"3 210 Dorien Goddard  on the outside along with Seth Crawford 5"10 165 on the other side (Led the team in receiving and TDS last year.  Great route runner).  In the slot will be Jamian Thompson 5"10 180 who started CB last year but played quite a bit of offense.  Cameron Hite 6"4 215 will see more action on O and also started at Safety last year.  Ballard is back for his Junior season and has gotten better each year (won the offensive MVP and underclassmen QB mvp of the Army invitation Camp).  If you want to follow the lifting and progress just look at Coach Ballards Twitter page.

I love the weight room there,much better then the 70's  and a staff that knows what they are doing.

I remember the last time we played Greeneville in '90 or '91 they had a RB whose nickname was "The Mudcat" big ole boy. Can't recall his real name, though. I also remember McMillan from DB. Great RB for them.

you're probably thinking of James " mud turtle " mays...and he's still a " big ole boy"....haha and a great dude too.

Batman- what are BVD's thoughts on this game? If anyone knows Greeneville football inside and out its him. Maybe he is holding off until we get an official "DB vs GHS" thread started, but I for one would like to read his thoughts about it. At some point we need to get into the X's and O's from those who are close to the programs, like "Well Greeneville has this 6'5" wide-out, DB will likely be covering him with a 5'8" CB, so we can expect ......" stuff like that

Blazer, I'm afraid you have grossly over credited me as far as my knowledge of Greeneville football, but I DO, however have some somewhat relevant thoughts about this season opening grid iron clash of N.E.T. titans... So, with that thought in mind, allow me to share my "way to early, not enough info on DB, extremely Greene Devil biased, yet usually fairly accurate" opinion on this long awaited match up....Knowing what i know about DB High School, I am confident in saying that a great portion of the students there are very blessed when it comes to their text book abilities, whereas down here in little ole hickville, our youngins aint so good with that durned ole readin stuff and learnin stuff. If you dont believe me, just ask any long time diehard Indian fan....Now, here's what ole BVD thinks about the game....I would strongly urge all the Indian players to borrow as many of those text books as they can, fill up the back side of their football britches with them and hang on for dear life that friday night because the bass kickin they're gona get is gona be a pretty big hit to their huge enrollment pride.

Im no BVD but know most of the kids on the team and the whole coaching staff. You will have 6"3 210 Dorien Goddard on the outside along with Seth Crawford 5"10 165 on the other side (Led the team in receiving and TDS last year. Great route runner). In the slot will be Jamian Thompson 5"10 180 who started CB last year but played quite a bit of offense. Cameron Hite 6"4 215 will see more action on O and also started at Safety last year. Ballard is back for his Junior season and has gotten better each year (won the offensive MVP and underclassmen QB mvp of the Army invitation Camp). If you want to follow the lifting and progress just look at Coach Ballards Twitter page.

Swipes, between you and Blazer, yall are gona have my head so " swelled up and full of hockey", that I wont be able to fit it thru the gates at Burley stadium...haha. question for you.....Have we met? Do we know each other? If not, I would love to correct that.

With my schedule,we don't get to talk a lot of football until it's about time.He not only knows the Devils,BVD knows the game very well.BVD also benched over four hundred when he was in high school and knows a little about that part of the sport and how important strength training is to a team.That use to kill me when my kids were playing at DB,maybe that is all good now .

Batman, i think next time you visit your doctor, you should have him check your "memory card"....im afraid its " full of it "...LMAO

DB beats Greeneville by 14-20 points ?!?!?

Here's something to chew on... since 2013 Greeneville is 44-6.

Of those 6 losses only 3 have been by 14 or more points.

2013 12-1

2014 10-2

2015 11-2

2016 11-1

I guess we will see in 64 days, but I just do not see Greeneville losing by that much.[/quote

catholic, fulton and MoWest i beleive?? without actually looking it up, those would be the 3 games i can think of

Hey BVD, good to see you posting on the ole T again.
Like you said, its way too early to even have a handle on this game, but there is no doubt it will be a barn burner.
Would love to see it if Boone wasn't playing the same night.
So hopefully you get some good video up on youtube.

2015 MoWest 28-3
2013 Fulton 40-20
2012 Science Hill 49-21
2012 Alcoa 42-0
2012 Fulton 42-14

Hey BVD, good to see you posting on the ole T again.

Like you said, its way too early to even have a handle on this game, but there is no doubt it will be a barn burner.

Would love to see it if Boone wasn't playing the same night.

So hopefully you get some good video up on youtube.

2015 MoWest 28-3

2013 Fulton 40-20

2012 Science Hill 49-21

2012 Alcoa 42-0

2012 Fulton 42-14

If we are going for the worst in history ,lets go on back to 1923.Unicoi co. beat Greeneville 64-0 on sep 29 in Greeneville.Then on oct 13 a couple weeks later,they beat Greeneville 120-0 up in Erwin.Either way,history is history,good or bad .

If we are going for the worst in history ,lets go on back to 1923.Unicoi co. beat Greeneville 64-0 on sep 29 in Greeneville.Then on oct 13 a couple weeks later,they beat Greeneville 120-0 up in Erwin.Either way,history is history,good or bad .

No, nothing like that, its just that in the last few years Greeneville has only lost a handful of games.  Add to that several trips to Cookeville in the last 10 years and I think we have the recipe for a real head banger on Aug 18.     I don't think DB will just roll over and play dead, Greeneville will certainly have their hands full, but the Greene definitely has a good shot at winning this one.          Way too early yet, let's see what happens in the next few weeks