Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

I've been away from the board for a few years, make it to a game a few times a year, and keep up with stuff on social media. Is it as bad as everyone makes it out to be? I know Clark isn't the same, and the coaching staff is local, do the best athletes not play football anymore? Basketball is down for sure. I know the band is firing on all cylinders, they get alot of attention. Catch me up Batman.

Everything you said is correct.    But guys closer to the program (Batman, Wacojaco, etc) could weigh in with more specifics..

I've been away from the board for a few years, make it to a game a few times a year, and keep up with stuff on social media. Is it as bad as everyone makes it out to be? I know Clark isn't the same, and the coaching staff is local, do the best athletes not play football anymore? Basketball is down for sure. I know the band is firing on all cylinders, they get alot of attention. Catch me up Batman.

I could go into what players have left including three of the best lineman ,the best athlete and so on from the best 9th grade team in years and the fact they will be seniors next year.Nobody outside of all those kids and the kids that walk the halls that are great athletes and their families really care.I watched Sevier kill Greeneville three years ago and Robinson beat them in the playoffs before beating Sevier in the championship.That Greeneville 7th and 8th grade bunch will be a heavy favorite to win state next year.DB is trying to pad the schedule before another playoff laugh.What matters to the average fan I talk to is DB sucks every year come playoff time.One year in over a decade has DB won as many as two games in a playoff.Now,it doesn't take an inside person to figure out their is a problem somewhere between middle school ,the 9th grade and winning when it counts.The athlete's started in the system but have no chance against a team like Maryville or Oakland now days. It's not the kids fault,but a leadership problem getting them what they need.Hundreds of kids including my own have been let down by Kingsport and it's leaders. I don't blame some of those people because they have tried to make some changes and I don't blame all of the coaches because there are some good ones.Once again,the bottom line is the results and that smart monkey on youtube would be a great addition to the board at this point.

I could go into what players have left including three of the best lineman ,the best athlete and so on from the best 9th grade team in years and the fact they will be seniors next year.Nobody outside of all those kids and the kids that walk the halls that are great athletes and their families really care.I watched Sevier kill Greeneville three years ago and Robinson beat them in the playoffs before beating Sevier in the championship.That Greeneville 7th and 8th grade bunch will be a heavy favorite to win state next year.DB is trying to pad the schedule before another playoff laugh.What matters to the average fan I talk to is DB sucks every year come playoff time.One year in over a decade has DB won as many as two games in a playoff.Now,it doesn't take an inside person to figure out their is a problem somewhere between middle school ,the 9th grade and winning when it counts.The athlete's started in the system but have no chance against a team like Maryville or Oakland now days. It's not the kids fault,but a leadership problem getting them what they need.Hundreds of kids including my own have been let down by Kingsport and it's leaders. I don't blame some of those people because they have tried to make some changes and I don't blame all of the coaches because there are some good ones.Once again,the bottom line is the results and that smart monkey on youtube would be a great addition to the board at this point.

So basically its a muddled mess? They are striving to improve in certain areas but they aren't being successful or aren't working on the right areas? I agree, across the board anymore there is a disconnect between Middle School football and varsity High School football. Freshman and JV levels have been lost on the stellar athletes from each class, since they aren't playing immediatley as freshman. Is that it in a nutshell?

So looking at the in conference teams for next year I only see one "1" win for DB. That's if things stay the same with the staff. And I haven't even heard a hint that anything is going to change there. So with that I would suggest they try to get 4 cupcakes to get their season record to 5 and 5. Which has become the norm at DB. Picking up Alcoa, Oak Ridge or even Maryville isn't going to help because theres no way they can beat any of those teams with the coaching staff they have.

So basically its a muddled mess? They are striving to improve in certain areas but they aren't being successful or aren't working on the right areas? I agree, across the board anymore there is a disconnect between Middle School football and varsity High School football. Freshman and JV levels have been lost on the stellar athletes from each class, since they aren't playing immediatley as freshman. Is that it in a nutshell?

Muddled mess ,maybe.Total cluster would fit the program better.I don't know many 9th graders that expect to play but when  the strongest player on your team is a freshman,he should have atleast been treated with respect. DB needs a coach like the top programs have.Enough said about coach Quarles and there are  very few like him  on that subject.DB needs what one member tried to get and the others pssd it away.A strength and conditioning coach for all sports.There is so much more but it's to late for hundreds of kids and if the taxpayers of this town are happy with the results,that's all that matters.

So looking at the in conference teams for next year I only see one "1" win for DB. That's if things stay the same with the staff. And I haven't even heard a hint that anything is going to change there. So with that I would suggest they try to get 4 cupcakes to get their season record to 5 and 5. Which has become the norm at DB. Picking up Alcoa, Oak Ridge or even Maryville isn't going to help because theres no way they can beat any of those teams with the coaching staff they have.

Even Morristown West who is moving up is a quality program to worry about. That one win you mention has to be Jefferson County?

Muddled mess ,maybe.Total cluster would fit the program better.I don't know many 9th graders that expect to play but when the strongest player on your team is a freshman,he should have atleast been treated with respect. DB needs a coach like the top programs have.Enough said about coach Quarles and there are very few like him on that subject.DB needs what one member tried to get and the others pssd it away.A strength and conditioning coach for all sports.There is so much more but it's to late for hundreds of kids and if the taxpayers of this town are happy with the results,that's all that matters.

I agree on the strength and conditioning front, who is in charge of that these days?

I'd like to think Clark would hang it up if he thought he was doing harm to the program, but I can't say he would. Even if he did I'd say they'll promote from within. Sports in Kingsport is an odd thing. The "non-revenue" sports are successful with experienced coaches. Football and basketball, the big ticket sports, are in need of an overhaul sounds like.

Would love this, strong and storied schedule right there. Are you saying this is the non conference schedule or your wish list?

DB and Sevier County have played for years but the opening of Northview Academy has taken them down to around 1,100 students. Not the same Smoky Bears we used to know. Of course neither is DB.

Just sounds good!