Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Top East TN teams in 3AAA?

• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,896 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Of course I suspect the usual teams to be good this year. Us (OR), Maryville, Bearden, Karns, SH, and possibly Powell? Who will be some dark horse teams who may enter the fray?

Oak Ridge Wildcats Athletics: 42 State Championships

#2 HOOPSGURU

HOOPSGURU

Competitor

• Members
    • 433 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Powell lost 100-92 to William Blount.

#3 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,896 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Powell lost 100-92 to William Blount.

WB may be pretty good this year? I should've added Heritage into the mix as well. They've been pretty good the past few years.

#4 Tnrazrbac

Tnrazrbac

Manager

• Members
    • 29 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sorry but everyone is playing for 2nd place in AAA. Memphis East is the best team in TN and all of them are juniors and sophomores...

#5 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,896 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sorry but everyone is playing for 2nd place in AAA. Memphis East is the best team in TN and all of them are juniors and sophomores...

Nobody ever said any of these teams would beat Memphis East. This is specifically a thread about who the best teams will be in the Eastern part of the state this year. Why do y'all always seem to have to remind us how good Memphis East is? Their play speaks for itself. We all know how good they are. They're fortunate enough to choose from a plethora of talent in a huge Metropolitan city, we don't have that luxury. We play with the kids we are handed that actually grew( have grown up) in our little city. Best wishes to East. I expect them to win it again.

Edited by SweetScience, 2 weeks ago.

#6 QSouth89

QSouth89

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,297 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nobody ever said any of these teams would beat Memphis East. This is specifically a thread about who the best teams will be in the Eastern part of the state this year. Why do y'all always seem to have to remind us how good Memphis East is? Their play speaks for itself. We all know how good they are. They're fortunate enough to choose from a plethora of talent in a huge Metropolitan city, we don't have that luxury. We play with the kids we are handed that actually grew( have grown up) in our little city. Best wishes to East. I expect them to win it again.

Like I said on one of the football thread whenever anyone talks about, supports, or mentions their favorite team egos seem to get to get in the way and then the bashing starts. Having watched Maryville and Heritage in a scrimmage; seeing Bearden Powell and Karns play it looks like Oak Ridge will be very strong in the EAST. Karns and Powell have some very talented underclassman and both have great coaches. Bearden is Bearden and will always have talent. Science Hill should be very good as well. I'm not sure what the Chattanooga has in AAA.

#7 WillieTheWildcat

WillieTheWildcat

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,192 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Like I said on one of the football thread whenever anyone talks about, supports, or mentions their favorite team egos seem to get to get in the way and then the bashing starts. Having watched Maryville and Heritage in a scrimmage; seeing Bearden Powell and Karns play it looks like Oak Ridge will be very strong in the EAST. Karns and Powell have some very talented underclassman and both have great coaches. Bearden is Bearden and will always have talent. Science Hill should be very good as well. I'm not sure what the Chattanooga has in AAA.

Science Hill lost to Grainger County and beat Morristown East in two Hall of Fame games,

Oak Ridge will open play at the Arby's Classic against Science Hill. after Christmas.

#8 rebelwoman87

rebelwoman87

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,759 posts

Posted A week ago

Of course I suspect the usual teams to be good this year. Us (OR), Maryville, Bearden, Karns, SH, and possibly Powell? Who will be some dark horse teams who may enter the fray?

Our transfer from Kentucky is playing :popcorneater: 

#9 WillieTheWildcat

WillieTheWildcat

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,192 posts

Posted A week ago

Oak Ridge got transfers from Robertsville and Jefferson :hungry:  They love to feast on Kentucky Fried Rebel Chicken. JK

RWR

Spirit Style Chooser: